DrDrum - Anyone using DrDrum here? I need help.

Michalek

Hello from a long time I am interested in doing bits and waded through hundreds of different programs, Fruityloops and others but they never did not meet my expectations. Recently I came across an interesting program drdrum not thinking so much familiarized myself with the possibilities and purchased the program. I walk out already pretty good bits which you can check on my channel.

My question is if anyone uses this program and can help me in the tutorials?
Here are some of my samples

youtube.com/watch?v=rDxCh3GqEu0
youtube.com/watch?v=QlT87rKS71k
youtube.com/watch?v=fDaVq6RcYt8

Regards

Well, to be honest nobody here uses Dr Drum, as it's not even comparable to FL, Ableton, Cubase, Logic, etc. I suggest you try the demos of all the DAWs you can and make a decision. Trust me, if you use a REAL DAW instead of Dr Drum, it will be better in the long run. Sure, they're more complicated, but they're professional (No professional uses Dr Drum).

I don't use it because I'm on a Mac, but FL Studio is really easy to learn. Give it another shot.

FL Studio is easy, but a great DAW.
Ableton is great for Live performances (And producing)
Cubase is excellent for producing, mixing and mastering.
Pro Tools is used for mixing and mastering a lot. I've heard it's not great for producing though.
Logic is Mac only, but a very popular DAW. (I didn't list it, because you said you used FL, which means you have a Windows computer)

I don't have much experience with the other DAWs, but here's what I know.

Reason has some great instruments that come with it.
Reaper is a good DAW and very cheap, at $60 USD.

Here are some reasons that you should NOT use Dr Drum!

They lie on their website. They say false things about other DAWs.
Here are their lies:

"They don't give you enough samples."
- This is a horrible lie, every DAW comes with amazing instruments and samples. If you want, you can buy VSTs and expand your library. You can't do this on Dr Drum.​

"The sample production values are as low as you can go Its scraped together from amateur wannabe musicians which make your beats sound like they were made on a phone keypad."
- Is this a joke? Professionals create the samples that come with DAWs.

Here are some features they market to sound amazing.

The "4 octave keyboard"
They say most DAWs give you 1 or 2 octaves. Who would believe that? How could you play on a 88 key MIDI keyboard with 4 octaves...?

The "12 pad drum machine"
Most have 16 pads, but in Ableton Live, you can use the drum rack and have about 96 samples on it (Didn't check, just a guess)

16 tracks of stereo sound

Change sounds and patterns with two clicks.

Several thousand built-in drumbeats, keys, FX and sounds.

Exports as 44.1 professional studio quality .wav file

Automatically creates a video and uploads your beat DIRECTLY to your own YouTube account

Adjust the volume of each track

Adjust the 'pan effect' of each track

Adjust the Low, Mid and High tones of each track

These are common features of ANY DAW you see. They say it like it's exclusive to Dr Drum. Not only is 16 tracks laughed at, it's going to limit you A LOT! Any major DAW allows UNLIMITED tracks. Some DAWs upload to SoundCloud as well. It's not that hard to upload it manually, is it? Adjust the volume of each track? Really? What would a DAW be without this. You can pan and adjust the volume in any DAW. You cannot use effect either. The "Adjust the Low, Mid and High tones of each track" is basically a horrible EQ. You can't properly mix on Dr Drum either.
Want to buy a MIDI controller to use? Too bad, Dr Drum doesn't allow you to use MIDI controllers. How about a VST like Massive? Nope, can't do that either.

Give them a try, and see what you like best. You won't regret it after you learn it.

Please tell me you're not some affiliate marketer, because I spent quite a bit of time helping you on this :victory:

Last edited:
Not only this is in EVERY DAW, all other DAWs have features that go far beyond this. Even the worst audio editor have better specs - exporting in 32bit 96khz for example, and normal DAWs also offer a number of processing options, timestretching, instrument collections and mastering capabilites, frequency and pitch monitoring...
I wonder if DrDrum have even the automation lanes
Maybe you bought it because of the "simpleness" (so-called) of this program, but I must warn you that this software seems worse than any DAW I tried. What about Zynewave Podium free? It's free, it won't cost you anything and you have pratically the same possibilites as the other DAW software. Or try Ableton, it's very easy to learn.
And without VST support, you are soon gonna have a bad time (or maybe they have the best effects and instruments in the industry shipped with them?)
If traditional software is too hard to learn for you, don't worry, audio production is so complex that you simply can't have both. Now choose what do you want - complex and professional sound coming from months (or even years) of hard work or an amateur sound by just throwing premade sounds to tracks? (and exporting in ...WAV!!! :D)

Back