TJ Shabazz

Out of curiosity, post your top 5 favorite DAWs

Here's mine:

1. Reason
2. Logic Pro
3. Sonar
4. FL Studio
5. Ableton

Well I guess I'm an amateur then (though I've been pro and semi-pro for more than 30 years)......

Cubase
Reason
Renoise
PD
Reaktor

1. Cubase
2. Cubase
3. Cubase
4. Cubase
5. Protools

I wasn't aware that Notion Music & Reaktor were DAW's.........! Lol

PD, Max and Reaktor are from a similar family of music making (and therefore production) software. If you can write the code framework you want inside Reaktor, then you can use it as a daw that is capable of autonomous and directed music production.

However, most folks just think of Reaktor as a simple instrument/synth source......

PD, Max and Reaktor are from a similar family of music making (and therefore production) software. If you can write the code framework you want inside Reaktor, then you can use it as a daw that is capable of autonomous and directed music production.

However, most folks just think of Reaktor as a simple instrument/synth source......

Well, I tip my hat.............."For those who go where few have gone before..........!"

01. Live for more than one workflow, workspace, simplicity, Max, sharing of resources.
02. Sonar for advanced and simplicity, features, audio editing, mixing, also effects and sounds.
03. Cubase for compatibility, features, audio and midi editing, also effects and sounds.
04. Reaper for customization, fast growth, small footprint, and choices in options.
05. Reason for stability, sound design, clean uniformness.

Anyone who has been in this part of of the forum could tell you I'm more of a live user more so in the creative process. I really cant put them in order though thats unspecified...they all have key things that I like. They have key gripes also.

Last edited:
5? lol even 2 is two too many lol but nah seriously.. Iuse FL studio first.. i'v used em all, always come back to that one. FL is pretty much limitless like the others.. I think its neck to neck for second and third with sonar and cubase.. i know both of them pretty well, i used to run keyboards and drum machines and flstudio and reason rewire man i'v linked just about everything togeher at one point lol I guess i would choos cubase over sonar tho and reason.. i miss adobe audition befor they dumbed down the program so much it just plain sucks..

I'v never used protools lol never felt i had to.

I am glad you like Reason.

I have only used 3 software in my production so far and I have to say it like this -

1) REASON
2) Cubase
3) FL Studio

Back