your best way to create drums/loops.

D

dark86

how do you ppl create your drums/beats/loops?

I sometimes use floops:
mine sound quite flat.

I sometimes use redrum:
once rewired, I dont know how to take out or individual snares or hats.

any info or ideas welcome.

:monkey:

drums

if you find the samples flat in fruity, explore the program deeper. I use it for everything i do and they sound great.

Easy

I think making drum loops is very easy. I usally start with a kick and a snare and sequence them to taste, keeping it very simple. Then I add some reverb, compression, equalization, and filter ( I usually use seperate fx). Then I would intricate the snare so it has a less repetitive nature. To make it more interesting and usually use rolls fiddle with the velocity of each hit of the snare. Then sometimes I use two or three different samples of kicks/snares. Then the high hats. And don't use .................................. sequence. That's boring, but sometimes it's good when you want a steady flow. Do some ... ... .. ... ... If you know what I mean. Lastly I make at least three loops making sure they can all flow together. And even sometimes I make three patterns that I layer together. I hope that helps...

Allumirati

Last edited:
i agree with kamuae...always add FX to ur drums so they dont sound "fruity". when i program the hi hats, i alternate the velocity so it doesnt sound so robotic. i would also look around for better samples because the samples in floops arent very professional sounding, depending on what type of music you are using it for.

el_cannibalisto said:
i agree with kamuae...always add FX to ur drums so they dont sound "fruity". when i program the hi hats, i alternate the velocity so it doesnt sound so robotic. i would also look around for better samples because the samples in floops arent very professional sounding, depending on what type of music you are using it for.

Alternating velocity as el cannibalisto says is key.

Dont be afraid to move your hat hits of note slightly in the piano roll, a little bit of variance can add something to a track even if it isn`t instantly noticable to the casual listener.

I layer the kicks with all kinda sounds so theyll sound real thick. I always add stuff like bongos and congas, just the right volume so it doesn't really bother the kicks, snares and hi hats.

My advice with fruity loops would be, dump all the samples that came with it and pack it up with your personal sample collection, if u don't have any samples by some hiphop sample cd's or buy sample packs trough banginbeats.com

i use buzz. best tip if you're using samples is to start with the best samples you can. a good sample is inspiring.

Back