You can't use a keyboard with fl studio

tfinesse

TonyFinesse
I don't know what it is but no matter how good you play it the notes just come out in random places. And you can't quantize record you can only do it after and even then it works weird. They need to fix it and make it so you can record and quantize and have what you played be put down like in every other DAW. I like FL Studio other than this and would use it if they fixed this but till then I'm still using reason. Just wish I had vsts. Did anybody get their fl to work properly with their keyboard?

There are a lot of things to take into consideration before making such statement.

- Is there any latency in your setup - both in your Audio Interface and in FL? If there is any delay this can make it difficult to get a correct recording.
- Is your keyboard connected via USB or MIDI-cable? If you use MIDI-cable and your notes end up completely random and broken, your MIDI-cable might be broken (if you record MIDI in the first place)

I only have minor issues with recording MIDI with my keyboard in FL, probably because of my lack of experience in recording MIDI. In conclusion some notes just start much earlier than the grid, which is because I get stressed I suppose.

There are a lot of things to take into consideration before making such statement.

- Is there any latency in your setup - both in your Audio Interface and in FL? If there is any delay this can make it difficult to get a correct recording.
- Is your keyboard connected via USB or MIDI-cable? If you use MIDI-cable and your notes end up completely random and broken, your MIDI-cable might be broken (if you record MIDI in the first place)

I only have minor issues with recording MIDI with my keyboard in FL, probably because of my lack of experience in recording MIDI. In conclusion some notes just start much earlier than the grid, which is because I get stressed I suppose.

No there's no latency and it's connected USB.

you are obviously using the wrong buffer settings and you're getting midi timing issues. for plenty of people it works ok. maybe you need to change the audio driver. in my computer, the FL Studio ASIO works better than the normal ASIO or ASIO4ALL. Keep experimenting and read the manual.

Also, don't try to overdub while you have effects on the master channel. it will cause latency.

If you are having so many issues with it, I would recommend using an external Audio interface and connect using MIDI through there. I never use USB for MIDI anymore.

Back