Windows XP Pro - blems ?

Charx

Hi and thanx for reading !

I'm about to get another pc that works with windows XP Pro, so i would like to know if there´s any known problems with simsynth, fruityloops, cool edit pro, etc...

Thanx a lot.

hey,

I'm running XP pro and Fruity Loops3 and Sound Forge work fine for me, I also use Cubase SX for live audio recording and its great except for occasional VST glitces caused by the notorious P4 spike problem, nothing I can't handle,

good luck with the new system

I use XP Pro, Fruityloops, SoundForge 6.0, and Acid. Everything works great. I also use a MAudio Audiophile 2496....there are some problems between fruity and the Maudio drivers, but nothing so major that it keeps you from working, just little annoying bugs that appear from time to time.

In His Service,
The Mantis

P4 spike problems... really bad on a P4, but also happen on a P3 to a lesser degree. Its called "denormalization" or something... basically some audio plugins (for example, linplug's synths are notorious) aren't coded as cleanly as they should be. So sometimes you can be playing a simple patch... just one note on a 2 voice, for example, polyphonic synth, and all of a sudden your cpu metre jumps up to 99% and things start getting messy. It's not bad that bad though... if you haven't noticed anything don't worry about it :)

But those Audiophile problems... care to elaborate?

Actually, that link takes you to the wrong post....hmm. Lemme copy and paste for you folks who use Fruity and MAudio cards.

Analogarhythm (Bradford Grimm) wrote :

Hi guys.

First: Since 3.55 when Fruity crashes it leaves a process that cannot be killed immediately. The process kills itself after about 4 minutes, however, during that 4 minutes I cannot open fruity again because the existing process still has control of my ASIO channels.

Second: After I render, fruity will not 'play' any more until I restart the program.

:::End Paste:::

That is the problem at hand. Here is what is said to be the solution, although, I personally haven't tried it yet (it isn't a big enough problem, and doesn't occur enough for me to change drivers):

Analogarhythm (Bradford Grimm) wrote :

I have reverted to driver version 0.5.12.1.10 and the problem of fruity not playing after rendering has disappeared. I have to wait for a crash to see if the process dies properly. Thanks for your assistance.

:::End Paste:::

Hope that explains it and helps for you guys. I really don't know what else I could offer to help.

In His Service,
The Mantis

Back