Why FL Studio is so underrated ? (Check out links)

Pointless arguments. I've heard tracks in FL Studio that was recorded, mixed and mastered using stock fx that sound amazing. I've heard the same in all software.

It's underratted b/c it's name refers to the word "Fruity"... which is a no-no in a highly homophobic hip-hop culture.

That's really it.

Same reason Beat Thang probably hasn't caught on w/ professionals. It sounds like a toy name.

Marketing is a sum ma ma biissh

People consider FL Studio to be used by those with no talent or any musical know how because it's layout (the step sequencer) is easier to grasp than other daws.

FL isn't underrated. Look at most of the DAW polls that are put out each year. FL Studio is usually in the top 5. Its hardly slept on.

Epik the Dawn and 9th wonder should be proof enough that fl studio is beast. I agree with dude above That people sleep on it because of its simplicity and the fact that a lot of the wack beats online are lames doing their best lex Luger impersonator with a demo or cracked copy of FL. It's the only program that I know of that lets you do a whole beat and export it on the demo, while its a big help to people that don't have the money yet, it sux because anyone can get fl and spam your page to death with wack beats, I wish I had fl again lol

Epik the Dawn and 9th wonder should be proof enough that fl studio is beast. I agree with dude above That people sleep on it because of its simplicity and the fact that a lot of the wack beats online are lames doing their best lex Luger impersonator with a demo or cracked copy of FL. It's the only program that I know of that lets you do a whole beat and export it on the demo, while its a big help to people that don't have the money yet, it sux because anyone can get fl and spam your page to death with wack beats, I wish I had fl again lol
Oddly enough neither of them use FL anymore. 9th Wonder has been using a mpc 2500 for years and Epik was ranting on twitter a couple months back about not using FL anymore and has moved to Maschine Mikro. The tool don't mean squat he will make the same music anywhere regardless.

I knew 9th switched but I had no idea Epik switched lol, can't dispute your point about it being the user not the tool. But you gotta admit people hate on FL for no reason when it's been proven many times you can make heat with it

I knew 9th switched but I had no idea Epik switched lol, can't dispute your point about it being the user not the tool. But you gotta admit people hate on FL for no reason when it's been proven many times you can make heat with it
nobody has said that you cannot make heat with it though. That has never been a valid argument. It being a not very good program is totally taste based though. I would personally only buy FL because I love their upgrade plan. I don't really like the program at all. I do feel its not very well thought out and though its getting better imo its very very messy. I tried to like FL I test every new version but it just did not fit my way of thinking and I only kept thinking this just doesn't make any sense its too video gamey for me. But I have seen people fly through FL and do great things in it. I used FL 3 in college for a while until I got my head around Reason which for me has always made a lot more sense. Not saying one is better than the other but FL just does not work for me.

I didn't even know nobody still looked down on Fl studio no more.EVERYTIME I see a youtube vidya of someone using FL I ALWAYS see people saying things like "see this proves you can make a hit on Flstudio"etc etc.And EVERYTIME I see those comments I get sort mad.Like ofcourse you can make hits in Flstudio it's 2000whatever,comments like those hold the things back when people arent even making an issue out if something.

I didn't even know nobody still looked down on Fl studio no more.EVERYTIME I see a youtube vidya of someone using FL I ALWAYS see people saying things like "see this proves you can make a hit on Flstudio"etc etc.And EVERYTIME I see those comments I get sort mad.Like ofcourse you can make hits in Flstudio it's 2000whatever,comments like those hold the things back when people arent even making an issue out if something.
I never understood the whole FL isn't capable thing. FL has every feature you can imagine and then some.

TOO many closed minded producers IMO. A DAW is a DAW, like a hammer is a hammer no matter what brand it is at the end of the day it does the same job. All DAWs basically do the same thing it just depends on what works best for the person producing.

K ▲ L Y Y U G ▲;49478460 said:
TOO many closed minded producers IMO. A DAW is a DAW, like a hammer is a hammer no matter what brand it is at the end of the day it does the same job. All DAWs basically do the same thing it just depends on what works best for the person producing.
I think the difference is what daw does what better or more easily for the task at hand. For example most would say let's not make beat in Pro Tools as its limited and not as easy to work with as FL Studio, Live, or Reason for example. However when I talk to guitar players most of them love Pro Tools and prefer not to work in a tool like FL Studio, Reason or Live because for guitar a linear way of working with lots of different fx available is right up their alley. I also doubt most pro engineers are mixing in FL Studio, Reason, or Live for example vs Cubase, Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper or Studio One. I believe different DAWs do lend themselves to different workflows and try to cater to everyone but still focus on one core part of music production. That is my opinion anyway.

There's a "sticky" thread on the Image-Line FL Studio forum (in the Looptalk section) discussing "The FL Studio Audio Engine & DAW wars". FL Studio is described as a "major DAW software platform" and it's concluded that "What matters most is mixing skill & performance. Both these 'essential elements' come from humans not the technology." To read the forums in full, an Image-Line account is needed.

Only thing I didnt like about FL was the way it mixed sound out (years ago, theyve seemed to fix that from what Ive seen) but I use to be able to spot a beat made with FL a mile away, everything had this similar type sound to it no matter who made it or what style of ish it was... but like I said that was years ago and they've came leaps and bounds with the program from what Ive seen...

Oh, and Im not a fan that they don't make it for Mac. I refuse to run a parallel or bootcamp. If I wanted to cut half my computers power away I would've just bought a pc

Over rated imo. Youtube FL and I bet FL studio will show up faster than Florida, or someting simple like how to make beats.
---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Popularity usually rules out everything. It always comes around _____uses this it or _____made that using FL as a good reason why they use it and then ppl say you "should" use it with the mentality of your stuff would sound better if you switch. Ppl like to have preferences or opinions built off of someone else's instead of solely their own. Shouldn't matter I used to get frustrated trying to filter out FL results now I constantly look at FL videos and articles all the time to learn from it and translate it to another DAW. I used it for years before, but as I tried other stuff it became less of my cup of tea after, and the workflow is not flowing for me anymore. I feel like an oddball at times when somebody wants to collab...they instantly expect you to use FL. Nothing wrong with FL I'm just not in my comfort zone using it.

Last edited:
Back