Who's Using Bitwig? Is it better than Ableton?

Love Ableton - been using it for ages, but been hearing a lot about Bitwig recently. Who's using it? Is it any good? Better than Ableton? GASP!!!!!

The Fingertip Maestro

I demoed it a while back after I had used Ableton for a few years. Can't say I was all that impressed by it. A lot of the features are very similar to Ableton (of course), and I just couldn't justify the price tag for the ones that were not. However I always found Ableton to have a certain timbre to its sound that I just couldn't shake.. So I switched, but not to Bitwig.

So no, I wouldn't say it's better. It's different, and not even all that different. Why don't you just try it out for yourself..

I think bigwig was made by the same guys who used to work for ableton. So you can count on lots being the same, maybe some visions got changed. But to my understanding Bitwig was "in the creators eyes" a better version of ableton. Not saying it is, but if they made a new daw in the image of the last project they worked on it must be because they had ideas they thought were better for it.

Ive never used it but I've been interested in it since I heard the above.

I think bigwig was made by the same guys who used to work for ableton. So you can count on lots being the same, maybe some visions got changed. But to my understanding Bitwig was "in the creators eyes" a better version of ableton. Not saying it is, but if they made a new daw in the image of the last project they worked on it must be because they had ideas they thought were better for it.

Ive never used it but I've been interested in it since I heard the above.

It was indeed made by people who used to work at Ableton. Maybe it was just because it was brand new when I tried it. But it felt to me like there were a ton of stuff that just wasn't properly implemented. That and all the rest being virtually identical.

I was very excited about Bitwig when it first was released. After playing with it for a while, it felt like it was a work in progress. I went back to Live. I'll give a second look after they release version 2.0

Back