Who's over "You must Use Pro Tools".

lol I just had a rapper tell me to get logic or pro tools because studios use it after I told him I use FL.

I know FL got it's weaknesses (like recording audio) but i love it for making beats.

Never listen to Rappers about anything regarding your production. It's a good rule of thumb actually.

Rappers are usually pretty forward personality types, and like to give their opinion.
When it comes to making beats they are usually terribly out of their element though, and wouldn't have come to you looking for beats if they could produce themselves.

The only time you should listen to Rappers is when building song structure to fit what they write, and track out for them if they pay for it.
When it comes to styles I'm pretty stubborn, and see no reason to change for a rapper. There are a million producers out there it seems. If they contact you and want a beat, but then try to lecture you about things like software, and changing up your style, politely do your own thing.

Of course some of this depends on $$$ involved, lol.
But in most situations the $$$ isn't good enough to care what the Rapper thinks, lol.

Last edited:
There's a great video of a rapper (can't remember which pretty well-known one) showing off his home studio and telling everyone they should buy "Newman" microphones, because they're great (hint: Neumann = "Noy-mahn").

Back