Who's over "You must Use Pro Tools".

Rarely crashes? Really? I'm surprised. They do have dope built in sounds though. As a matter of fact I'm selling my pt to my cousin tomorrow! So bye bye pro tools.

Rarely crashes? Really? I'm surprised....M powered with a Profire 610,
so , you haven't used a mbox or hd ...um maybe that's why you could have problems . becouse i have very little problems as well .

Last edited:
@posezone Yes I have used HD and LE. Still the same. PT has problems on some systems. Google it if you don't believe me. Hell just search FP youll see tons of threads about it.

@ F or deaf Yeh I sent him an email and he never got back to me on it so I'll probably throw it on ksl or craigslist. We'll see though I'm supposed to stop by tonight and chill with him for a bit.

@posezone Yes I have used HD and LE. Still the same. PT has problems on some systems. Google it if you don't believe me. Hell just search FP youll see tons of threads about it.

@ F or deaf Yeh I sent him an email and he never got back to me on it so I'll probably throw it on ksl or craigslist. We'll see though I'm supposed to stop by tonight and chill with him for a bit.

I definitely understand that. For me, the problems were moreso on the PC side, especially a little before and during Windows Vista (I have no idea how it's playing with Win7). I had XP and it was a pain sometimes where the digi database would go corrupt for like no reason and the only way to repair it was to reformat the HD. It took hours to install it on my songwriter's Vaio laptop running Vista when we finally found a thread on DUC that resolved it. However, i moved on to Macs and it has been very very solid with Leopard. I'm using M-powered with a firewire 410 btw.

Rarely crashes? Really? I'm surprised.

I don't actually recall my protools ever crashing. If I've got a ton of stuff running I might get a "DAE can't transfer data fast enough" error code, but that's really my fault for not upping my ram more

I also have the music production tool kit which takes off the edge of running out of tracks.

I'm over the whole "You must use Software". I do everything, including tracking on my MV-8000, even though I own Logic 9. I would only use Logic 9 to score for video. Having said that, I don't care if what anybody else uses. Do whatever makes you happy. I'll still love ya.

my one homies studio is working with pro tools hd2 accel

it's supposed to be pretty dope

well , I'll say this i have been using a pc for music since ...oh like 1997-98 and i build my own pc . so , i know how to set it and problem solve pretty quick, now day's. that may be why i dont have problem's

i started out on magix 5 then went to logic 4.7 then logic 5.5 onto PT8 , i have also been using acid since Ver. 3 (or some where around that) up to now , and i use wavelab . so you see i know how to work thing's .

For $300? it's not worth keeping?

Its not that its not worth keeping. I bought it for m powered. Thats it. With out it I have no reason for it. I have 2 other interfaces and now this one? Why keep stuff I'm not going to use and is just going to sit in my closet? I'd rather sell it to someone whos gonna use it. As for the 300, I was just giving my cousin the hook up. :)

Yeah it was going to be m powered free if he bought the profire for 300 but he just bought a usb interface and all he needed was the m powered software so I sold that to him. He just started going to the local community college for a degree in audio production so he needed a DAW and wanted pro tools since thats what his professor wanted. That or cubase. So now I just have a profire.

either or really but Ive heard excellent things about the profire that was going to be my next purchase anyway

I use it because I know how to use it, have a digi interface, and I have a P.C. (and therefore can not use logic and I did not like ableton when I demoed it, and I used to use cubase when I started a long ass time ago and did not care for that either) plus I have a vst wrapper, so my main gripe with pro tools is not a big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back