When is FL Studio for Mac comming out?

eloc49

Hi all, noobie here. Been in the game for about 4 years. I recently got a macbook with high expectations of Logic. Needless to say, Logic sucks and I'm now using FL with bootcamp. Image line did say that they were beginning beta testing in October 2011. Has anyone read or heard anything about it recently? Im thinking itll just come out as FL 11

I guess I just don't like it. It seemed like I had to re learn a lot of things I already knew from fl.

Virtual machines are slow, latency sucks. Can't give enough ram to the windows partition make it useable. It would just be nice to run it on the native OS

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Bump. Anyone?

Virtual machines are slow, latency sucks. Can't give enough ram to the windows partition make it useable. It would just be nice to run it on the native OS

Bump. Anyone?

get a dell for walmart $500 i3,4gig of RAM
add 4 more gigs of RAM for $40
$550 and you back rocking FL Studio period!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop waiting and get a PC
why would you get a MAC
if your main DAW is FL Studio??????
Logic is great for alot of ppl
I'm a Cubase guy though
I rather use Cubase to record,mix full songs
FL Studio is only good to me as a DAW for instrumental creation and mixing beats for internet display

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
FL Studio is written in Delphi so I wouldn't hold my breath for a Mac version, and even if you could run it on a Mac it would most likely suffer the same performance issues as almost every other dual platform DAW does on a Mac.

Contrary to popular belief Macs are not some hands down one size fits all best computer for music, like I would go for Mac if I needed to run a hardware based Pro Tools rig but not to run a native version of Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One, Live, Reaper and certainly not to run FL Studio via Boot Cramp........It really is a matter of horses for courses or the consequences of personal preference.

My advice to you is to learn to love Logic.

Dual boot Mac & Win, and can't you install Win on Macs? just do that and switch between OS's, i do it with Ubuntu and Win7.

VMWARE FUSION.

If you already use another program like crossover, it's all the same beyond preference, but VMWare is my go to.

Oh, you're gonna get latency unless you have an audio interface(works with Mbox2 like a charm, only one I can speak on, but pretty sure any would work).

nice try troll boy

Pointing out that almost every dual platform DAW suffers performance issues under OSX does not make me a troll.

In fact it's the exact same point that is used claim an advantage in favor of using Logic on the Mac as opposed to using a dual platform DAW such as Cubase.

Works fine for me in crossover games, slight latency issues when i have 40 plus patterns be damned. no need for a mac release. fl studio 9 plus reason plus audacity plus t-racks =all you need to make baller beats on your mac. now if only i was actually good at making beats....

Hey man, I kind of feel where you're coming from. I just switched to Logic + MacBook from years and years on Cubase + PC a little less than a month ago. You'll get the hang of it eventually... everything you did in FL you can do in Logic more or less. You just might have to take a different road to get to the end result and there are tons of tutorials online and even Logic's native support/help is pretty good. I'm in the same position as you, trying to figure things out that I used to be able to do with my eyes closed in Cubase

One thing I suggest you do just to make yourself more familiar is set up custom key commands. So , f you remember what the key commands were for the little things you used to do frequently in FL, edit Logic's key commands to the same ones, that way you won't have to learn new key commands and all that. There are little things in Logic, little differences with very simple solutions that took me forever how to figure out. Like in Cubase hitting the space bar would play/pause; in Logic the default is set up to go back to the beginning of a loop every time you hit the space bar. Little shit like that would annoy me and took me forever to figure out how to change lol.

But a big reason I didn't go with Cubase 7 for MacOSX , was the price (can't beat Logic's price seriously) and also I've read a lot of things about dual platform programs not working to the best of their capabilities on MacOSX.

Last edited:
Thanks all! Yeah I've really decided to cut my losses and start learning logic, I actually like it. Any good tutorial resources someone wants to share? (And don't say manuals cause those are like the bible to me right now haha)

Oh thanks. But i saw that it said "no audio recording". What does that mean then? Does that mean that i can't use a mic?

Sorry for being such a noob i know uve helped on many of my posts..

Back