What is the Soundgoodizer in Fl studio?

LyterPro

Lyter Productions
I recentley started using Fl 8. Does anyone know what the effect plug in called Soundgoodizer actually does, it gives a sound similar of a compressor to me, but does anyone know what is happening behind the curtains on that knob?

It has the whole Maximus engine under its hood, with 4 selectable presets (Maximus has them, too [Soundgoodizer a,b,c,d]). The knob is the LMH mix knob

Last edited:
Hit the F1 and it'll bring up the help page for it, which will break it down for you. (if they included it in the help menu)
LevLove

it will give your track more brightness...i use it on almost all of my tracks...i like it

my experience is that Soundgoodizer makes my Sample (Slicex) sound richer/fuller but it makes my drums sound weaker.
So i only put Soundgoodizer on my Sample (Slicex) and not on my Drums.
I always use the A and put it at a half circle.

rla2680 said:
So it's an exciter?
Nope. It has the Maximus engine under its hood:

p_MaximusScreenshot3_ezg_1.jpg

It is a 3+1 multiband compressor. Soundgoodizer just has one knob (it's the LHM mix knob on Maximus to be exact) and 4 presets to choose from.
The whole thing was actually just a marketing campaign; Image Line released it anonymously under the name YouWaShock to see how people liked its sound. After Maximus was released, they changed the GUI a little bit and included it as Soundgoodizer in FL8.

Last edited:
anyone heard of the You Wa Shock vst? its seems to be the samething as the soundgoodizer and it's a free plug-in. same one knob and A,B,C,D presets and it also has maximus under the hood. i guess its made by the same guy.

red_shine_sound_you_wa_shock.jpg

soundgoodizer.gif

Last edited:
Its a limiter, compressor and an eq boost. Simular to the Reason Mastering Combinator.

ahhh, now i see. well that mastering suite is very important so if this is the same thing im sure its gonna do great things for ur tracks. i have fl8 but never installed it. sometimes im tempted to but, love reason too much. i want to rewire into fl tho, and maybe see what the soundgoodizer is all about.

Back