What is this sound called?

WalrosZ

Hello, this will be my first post and it might sound silly but ive been going crazy over this for the last hour, im tying to make a progressive house song i FL 9 and i have no idea what the ''buildup'' noise that comes right after an intro in many electronica songs like this for instance

w.w.w.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJScCs2rYM
hear at 0:37-0:38

what is that sound called? is there a tutorial how to make it?

thanks everyone ;)

Hello, this will be my first post and it might sound silly but ive been going crazy over this for the last hour, im tying to make a progressive house song i FL 9 and i have no idea what the ''buildup'' noise that comes right after an intro in many electronica songs like this for instance

w.w.w.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJScCs2rYM
hear at 0:37-0:38

what is that sound called? is there a tutorial how to make it?

thanks everyone ;)

Sounds like a choir pad, a synth sweep and a reverse cymbal.

Synth sweeps are pretty easy.

Saw wave, Lowpass filter, filter env adjust attack on filter env to be long. This will cause filter to open up.

Adjust Amp env to taste.

Reverse cymbal is easy as well. Take a big cymbal crash sample and reverse it.

Choir pads are the most difficult to program. Some of them will come from sample libraries, others are hard to program. It is hard to say whether the one in that song came from a sample library or a synthesizer.

Easiest way to achieve this is to look for some choir soundfonts and modify them. Make the Amp Env attack slow and drench in Reverb and you will have something similar.

Back