What software would work best for my setup?

Justin McNell

Whats good.

I use adobe audition 3.0 currently. I have a mpc 1000 rigged to desktop with korgmicrox, I have never been able to get live recording to work with audition so I simply just compile it all on the mpc then record the track and drag it from the USB MPC function. I would like to change this to a live sort of recording session I see in most videos. I'm tired of outracking all my shit. What programs would you recommend for me, I mainly like to use my external hardware just need a decent program for recording live and tweaking, I know protools is my best bet but im strapped for cash after forking over 350 for the korg.

How is the recording not working? Are you sure it's related to Audition - does it work in other programs?

May be a silly question but... Have you read the manual yet?
If the software has those capabilities, it usually explains how to hook up hardware.

No, I have not read the manual but I surely know how it works and its hookd up all right? I did not pay for the program hence why I don't have a manual. I got a basic dell sound card something I need to upgrade also?

say that it just doesnt work. its hooked up damn! I record in and out fine. It just doesnt show up it always gives me some error screen when i try to press record. So does anyone have any program suggestions or just comments??

The suggestion is that obviously something is not hooked up correctly in the settings somewhere, so it would behoove you to find a manual online and read that chapter so you can fix it.

get reason - or even fruity loops/cubase or reaper-

and kick that dell soundcard to the curb. and if you got a dell computer -trash that also.

you should get an interface (ebay you can get one for 50 bucks maybe cheeper and a real good one for over 100)
-that takes over as your sound card-

and download aiso4all. this may solve your problem

your record problem may be how you buss in the live sound into the track if your not doing it as a midi.one track in -than buss out to another track and another track record the signal ( i think thats what you need to do)- something like that if you cant record straight in. or something aint hooked up proper

look up mpc/reaper tutorial on youtube or rewire reason into daw- same concept since you dont have the book. it may help.

Back