What exactly is Reason and what does it do that FL Studio doesn't?

Reason

man i think fl sounds are good but other than that i give it nothing, no disrespect to producers who using it who's stuff sound good. But to me it is the most unprofessional software that a producer could use. Reason is WAY WAY better i personally think. i spent a week with it and i got nothing good out of it.

I completely agree. I used FL for about 4 years and it never quite sounded right. For starters It has no headroom. Reason seems to be modeled after analog gear, which means you get incredible headroom to push the levels for maximum output. And Secondly Reason is soooo stable! I haven't even looked at FL since using Reason.

Why is it that only on fp do cats think software ends at Reason and fruity Loops and that there is some sort of limitation to how far u can go with anything hardware or software since when did hardware just become ultimately better than software or make u a better producer greanted i use all hardware but I love Reason and a few vsts and ive rocked almost every daw you can think of

I completely agree. I used FL for about 4 years and it never quite sounded right. For starters It has no headroom. Reason seems to be modeled after analog gear, which means you get incredible headroom to push the levels for maximum output. And Secondly Reason is soooo stable! I haven't even looked at FL since using Reason.

Both work in 32 float, and that basicaly=unlimited headroom.
You are just hearing things in FL.

i went from fl to reason and never looked back, but it really doesnt matter what u use, if u sticck with it long enough u will be able to do the same thing in any program.

If you can program synths then there is almost no limit to the sounds in Reason. Plus the NN-XT is a sampler which means you can create your own absolutely UNduplicated patches. I saw that Toomp video and he was using Reason as a module.

32 bit float

Both work in 32 float, and that basicaly=unlimited headroom.
You are just hearing things in FL.

Yes they do both work in 32 bit float, but in FL you can't push the levels as far without very noticable digital distortion (particularly with the drums. Maybe it's just my ears, I don't know. But Reason has a warmth and edge that FL does not have (Have you ever noticed in reason that there are no red zones on any of the meters, just the clip light on the transport controls? To me this indicates an insinuation from the Props to push those levels, and not worry about ugly distortion. You have to be careful that the red clip light doesn't light up though, bc this means that you are pushing your sound card too hot. The MClass maximizer and compressor have soft clip controls that eliminates this.) FL just could not do alot of things that my ideas were calling for. But whoever uses it, and can express themselves creatively with FL, More power to them, and I hope them the best.

Back