what does he use

Timbaland uses a ton of equipment. You will probably go broke trying to use everything that he uses.

Anything you put in front of him. I've seen it 1st hand. You can have any peice of equipment on earth and do what he does if you got the skill. But on the flipside, you can have every peice of gear in the world and not do what he does if you don't.

don james said:
Can someone please tell me what software timbaland uses.

That's a pretty vague question considering, as mentioned above, Timbaland uses a variety of equipment and software. I know he plays drums and keyboard for sure so I can imagine his equipment runs deep. I hope you aren't thinking by using the same software Timbaland uses that suddenly your production game is gonna be tight. I'm sure he uses a bunch of filters, modulators, and effects to get the sound he's looking for.

Don't get me wrong I too have always been curious to what the prime-time producers use but only for the sake of curiosity and not to copy them. Being inspired by them is different than just merely coping what software they use. Your large and bold font makes me feel you are part of the latter.

this is it.... Myriad's of keyboards/samplers/drum machines/real drums but he sequences in cubase and on the ASR-10. Every studio vid i've seen as of late has had Cubase and the ASR-10... I'm sure everything eventually gets taken to protools to record and mix though.. Nate Danja Handz has also been saying they've been using some VSTI's in Cubase also...

Back