What do you think of the NEW sounds in Reason 5?

exactly most people see it and say oh its a knock off mpc but it does a lot more than that. It really is a drum design tool. You design them however you want with Rex files or with syntesis or with samples its crazy powerful. Plus the fx onboard. I love Kong

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

when you think of double the size do u think double the patches? when i see it i see the drum files are 24 bit u add enough of those with the new fx and i can see how the refill itself could be double the size
Yeah double the patches is what I'm thinking.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Ok I checked Reason 4 and the factory soundbank with the amount of space it took and the reason 5 bank and I stand corrected the "size" is doubled but not the "patches" as I was thinking in the beginning 756 mb to 1.5 gb....

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^As said before, it's "double the size" because of the change in format, not content.

That's like me saying my music folder is twice the size of yours and acting like it's due to the multiple genres of music I like only to find out I got the same collection you got with 4 albums you don't have, but yours are FLAC files and mine are Wavs, lol.

not knocking the advertising dept, but they had to know that could be taken the wrong way.

Last edited:
^^^As said before, it's "double the size" because of the change in format, not content.

That's like me saying my music folder is twice the size of yours and acting like it's due to the multiple genres of music I like only to find out I got the same collection you got with 4 albums you don't have, but yours are FLAC files and mine are Wavs, lol.

not knocking the advertising dept, but they had to know that could be taken the wrong way.
True because after looking over it the only content that seemed to be added was rex loops and drum samples all in 24-bit which makes the samples take up more space than they would at 16-bit.

yo wassup all, I have question, im using NI Maschine as my external midi device to control Kong drum designer from Reason 5. In the beginning I had no clue how to set it up but after trial and error and finally I can hear Kong beats if I tap my NI maschine. But the problem now is I cant record the beats that I hear into Reason's sequencer, I dont see the blinking green light on the lane of the sequencer's track. Do you know how to route the sound into the sequencer so I can record them ? thanks.

im not defending the software the fact of the matter is that i do my reserach and look up facts before i purchase something i dont make guess on what i think software can do.i can see how someone can take it the wrong way. personally i could less if you didn't like reason or dislike that sounds its not going stop my workflow or stop me from stating facts about software.

Back