what do you reckon is the best midi controller available for fruityloops?

How about the ones from Evolution that have programmable knobs?

usb_mk361c_s.jpg

usb_mk225c_s.jpg

I'm also looking for a midi-controller for Fruityloops, and I've narrowed it down to the Midiman Oxygen8, and the Evolution Pro 25 (bottom picture above with 25 keys).
I like both of these as they are pretty cheap (around £100), and they've got a keyboard as well as programmable knobs. Also for me, space is at a premium, and they're both pretty compact. Plus if you plug them in your USB, they dont need their own power supply (-I don't know about you, but my electricity socket is already a major fire hazard.)

From what I've heard I think the Evolution is just slightly better (mainly because you don't have to use the keyboard keys to program it), so I'm going to go for that one.
Check it out here:
http://www.evolution.co.uk

the pro 25 looks nice!

apart from the obvious use of piano roll, would you be able to assign a different sound to each key in floops so that it could be used with an external sampler in realtime?

I dont know how you'd set it up so eaach key trigers a different channel in FL, but you could probably program it to control a plugin sampler like Halion.

funkmasterwikki said:
Would you be able to assign a different sound to each key in floops so that it could be used with an external sampler in realtime?

Go to "Options =>> Midi Settings" Set the "Multichannel Preview" to whatever channel your controller is playing through (probably 1). Now each track/Sample is mapped to a key on the keyboard. This makes that Akai MPC pad controller very attractive.

705564.jpg

I work with a world respected Keyboard tech and from the horse's mouth he says 'these oxygen 8's have a crap mechanism'

we checked the evolutions out
theyre much better

Midi setup w/Fruityloops

What's up everyone! I was able to get my hands on a Roland A30 midi controller , and a Brother PDC-100 disk composer. I'm still fairly new to midi production so I was wondering if I have any problems using the two in conjunction with Fruityloops? And if there's is anyone out there who owns an A30, what sound modules or synths do you use it with. Thanks!

"A creative mind never sleeps" -Kel Slick

i just got the Akai MPD16...i'm havin trouble with it....actually..my problem is i don't know how to freakin use it!!... i'm using fruityloops with it....basically i want to assign each pad a different sound/sample....and record my sequence....

what i'm really asking is how do i use it as if it were an MPC!?

now how can i do that ?!... anyone know?!... i tried setting the multichannel thing..but it wouldn't let me.... any help would be greatly appreciated...

please post here..or e-mail me....thnx!!

djshyproductions@hotmail.com

Back