What DAW's do you use for your productions ?

Im using Cubase. I bought it cause a friend of mine recomended it to me and hes a professional. :D
I really like it and its easy but also has a lot of nice features.

Ableton Live for production. I'm loving the session view for cranking out loops, without having to drag them around in the timeline. Abletons rack features are great for sound design. Also like their drum rack.

For some tasks however, I prefer Pro Tools. Typically when it comes to working with audio. The editing features are lightning fast and I also like the Audio Suite. Pro Tools is incredibly flexible and has amazing features for all kinds of professional applications, but it's definitely not the most intuitive DAW.

Finally figured fl out for rewire, and...it and studio one click for some reason in arranging stuff.
Using reason...in a daw with precount hold/wait for midi is...it's...the workflow feels right.

Finding a workflow is probably perpetual isn't it lol

Ableton Live 9 Suite is the real deal.
I've used Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Garageband, FruityLoops, Reason
And Ableton is my go-to-guy for everything now.
All hail the Great Ableton. *hails Ableton*

For some reason 3 daws stuck with me.
Either I use one standalone, two or three at a time.
Reason
Studio One
FL Studio.[mixed bag]

I Use LMMS (free Daw) And I Love It..I Started Practicing With It, So I Got Used To And Addicted 2 It..

Daw hopped alot, sticking to Reason/Studio one permanently, although I still like fl studio might still use that sometimes too.

I presently use one of the following DAWs, depending on the project:

1) Magix Samplitude Pro X2 Suite
2) MOTU Digital Performer 9
3) Presonus Studio One 3 Professional

I also own licenses to several other DAWs, but their usage is minimal at best.

Last edited:
I use FL Studio exclusively, I don't think there's anything that I would want to do that I wouldn't be able to with this DAW; might try out Ableton sometime tho if I ever have the money, I hear it's better for live performances

I started with cubase and then switched to reason (i think at version 3). since then i stayed with reason, cause i often like to experiment and for me it still seems the best daw for this.

Cubase because of its friendly interface in my opinion. And because I've been working in Cubase for the past 6 years. Plus I love the Steinberg tools and gears. But anyways the interface doesn't really matter nowadays. Just use what you're comfortable with and learn to use it perfectly. They all have the same settings actually with minor differences.

Back