What DAW do you use and why?

H

Hoodphany Beatz

I have been using reason for awhile now and have finally gotten to the point where im tired of not being able to use vst's. So i was wondering what daw do other members use and why? Im looking for something MAC COMPATIBLE. So far im hearing about Logic, Cubase, and Pro Tools alot.

vts is cool, if your looking for a daw then go with logic for mac in my opinion. i own few vsts but i rarely use them only for certain projects majority of my sounds come straight from reason.

Pro tools. Midi is easy. Pro tools has the best vst plugins period.

I'm so sick of FP lately. I'm almost afraid the dumbness might just jump out of my screen and grab me.

Ableton Live
I came from Cubase, and I love that too, but Live was just so much more intuitive for me. And sampling is a breeze

ableton live... the session view... single window operation (outside of vst/i)... routing... apc20 is the perfect controller for live... ability is use the session view or the linear sequencer... the list goes on and on!!!

Cubase. I like their extreme focus on the sequencer. All features are implemented with great depth, no dabbling. It's important because you can't "plugin" missing or poorly implemented sequencer features.

Nuendo- -You can use standard gear unlike protools that need specific and expensive gear.

and you can rewire fl -ambleton and reason into nuendo-
nuendo handles alot of vst plugins if your computer can handle it. The side chain is dope- and you can master with it because it has some of the same tools as wavelab (which is a mastering software)

I make the beats in fl and reason and dump the mixer from there into nuendo do my final mix in nuendo -lay the vocals - master it up on the final master channel.

I love that it has diffrent options to get the same result- example on the audio track-you can get to your chain from the side- or click a button and it pull it up or go to the mixer or access from the top under the drop down box- or right click just to tweak your plugs -eq -whatever.
so thats very user friendly.

The freeze option is great and also you can even go to the actual audio track right click and pull up any plugins and add it to the audio directly and hit process- that will save the cpu and ram. Example you can compress the audio with any plug in hit preview, then -if you like it hit process and its like it is finalized to the audio like it was already there. the plug in disapear and the new audio remains

i can go on and on.

Hope this helps-GOD BLESS

im stuck on Ableton because of the workflow. I switched from fl studio because recording vocals is weird.

Cubase LE and Cubase AI, because they were free with my motif/soundcard and I learned on Cubase and prefer it over Sonar and Live. I have never really tried Logic or Pro Tools.

Back