What DAW do you use and why?

FL - been using that shit since 2002
Adobe Audition 3.0 - i've been using it since cool edit pro 2. i know both so well, it makes no sense for me to switch at all

its funny that people keep mentioning pc only software when dude asked for something mac compatiable lol

He sure did ( my bad)- I have mac pro with logic and it has dual boot with windows 7 and snow leapord and i use nuendo .
sorry!!

I use sonar because its just so flexible and its a lot easier to use then most people think + it really gives you the feel of more space when your producing and recording songs with it

Sequoia or Samplitude! Some of the best selling DAW's in Europe, but very much slept on here in the U.S. I love using revolver tracks which allows use to audition different takes of a song with one button to hear how it would sound. You can record audio and midi at the same time. the crossfade editor is great if you are putting together a mix tape or doing a full album, but I think most of all I love that I can do it ALL from one DAW if I wanted! From concept to redbook CD without going anywhere. I use Wavelab alot of the time because I like their metering, but if I wanted I could just stay in Sequoia until I was done. I KNOW you said MAC but you can always get Crossover and run a windows app on your mac.

Sequoia or Samplitude! Some of the best selling DAW's in Europe, but very much slept on here in the U.S. I love using revolver tracks which allows use to audition different takes of a song with one button to hear how it would sound. You can record audio and midi at the same time. the crossfade editor is great if you are putting together a mix tape or doing a full album, but I think most of all I love that I can do it ALL from one DAW if I wanted! From concept to redbook CD without going anywhere. I use Wavelab alot of the time because I like their metering, but if I wanted I could just stay in Sequoia until I was done. I KNOW you said MAC but you can always get Crossover and run a windows app on your mac.

I have to relate- I have samplitude pro 11 and it is sick. And it is slept on. I want sequioa. cant get my hands on it.

Himbeats is right, sequioa and samplitude is slept on. I have samplitude 11 pro, i want sequioa but it is amazing and you can do it all there in one daw. I go back and forth to nuendo. If everyone said its the industry standard more people would use it. But a lot of pro high end studios that also do mastering use samplitude or sequioa more at the final stage in production and mastering

all i know is fl studio. thats because it was the first thing i picked up at guitar center. a friend let me try out a copy of reasons and it was all over the place. FL Studio seems to be more beginner friendly (to me). then if u feel it, i suggest get a couple of demos and see which one u like.

Back