What DAW Do YOU Use?

clipfish

Hi, this thread was made out of sheer curiosity, not to see what's 'better', what's 'popular', none of that.
I simply just want to know what program(s) YOU use to make music.
That is all, I want to know what a lot of you on this forum is using.
Aaaand, go.

Last edited:
reason 4/6.5/8
cubase 5.3.3
cubase vst score 32 5.2.1
reaper (latest version)
finale notepad 2k5+ (8 stave scoring and saves midi files) for sketching arrangements
canorus
musescore
Band-in-a-Box
hamerhead rhythm station (drum looper)
crescendo
impro-visor
tux guitar

went thru my phases Cool Edit Pro, Sonar, Acid etc.

been mainly using Reason 8.0 but also use Ableton. Logic X i rarely use.

been a Reason user for about 13 years.

Interesting, why the change?

1. Switched from PC to Mac (I'm a designer first, musician second). So I had to migrate and learn new stuff.

2. Even though you can use FL on Mac, I felt that I had more freedom when it came to recording. Freedom as in, having my music not sound so right on the money with every note (extreme quantization). I do like to have some "mistakes" in my music so it can sound like everything was done with acoustic instruments. I know you can mimic that real feel in Piano Roll, but I felt Logic did a better job, IMO. FL might do it for you though. Hope you understood that.

1. Switched from PC to Mac (I'm a designer first, musician second). So I had to migrate and learn new stuff.

2. Even though you can use FL on Mac, I felt that I had more freedom when it came to recording. Freedom as in, having my music not sound so right on the money with every note (extreme quantization). I do like to have some "mistakes" in my music so it can sound like everything was done with acoustic instruments. I know you can mimic that real feel in Piano Roll, but I felt Logic did a better job, IMO. FL might do it for you though. Hope you understood that.

Yes I understood aha, thank you.

Back