What DAW do you favor?

GarishGuac

I'm currently using ableton live 8 and i've tried many others this seems to be the most hassle free (yet still requires a lot of hassle). I can't understand how cubase and pro tools users can go through the tediousness of creating separate midi and aux tracks each time. But anyway let me know what u guys favor and mabye some insight into something better than what i've tried.

I use cubase 5 and dont do this everytime. I admit the initial configuration was tedious but that's applicable to all daws in a way.

Plus, for me, tediousness teaches you a thing or 2 about your own workflow and how you could immediately improve your present environment.

outside the █;48499243 said:
I use cubase 5 and dont do this everytime. I admit the initial configuration was tedious but that's applicable to all daws in a way.

Plus, for me, tediousness teaches you a thing or 2 about your own workflow and how you could immediately improve your present environment.

Well yea i think cubase 5 they added vst instruments but i was working on the ones before 5 and they were such a hassle.

. I can't understand how cubase and pro tools users can go through the tediousness of creating separate midi and aux tracks each time.

You can press one button and set up a template that is set to your preference.....Having everything on separate tracks allows for me to mix better and have more overall control of what I'm doing:cheers:PT8

You can press one button and set up a template that is set to your preference.....Having everything on separate tracks allows for me to mix better and have more overall control of what I'm doing:cheers:PT8

I guess thats true but how does specifying two tracks one for midi and the other for the auxilary any more precise than having 1 vst instrument track that has both?

FL Studio 8 for beatmaking, Pro-Tools for production.

Templates can improve your workflow, but I agree that most DAW's are a bit longwinded.

I guess thats true but how does specifying two tracks one for midi and the other for the auxilary any more precise than having 1 vst instrument track that has both?

Each has its advantage.

If I was using battery I'd set that up on an aux, then use midi for sequencing.

If I'm using omnishpere then I'd set that up on an instrument track.

The advantage setting battery up on an aux, then seqeucning with midi tracks is I can do all my drops or whatever and not have to fool around trying to do it all in a insturment track lane. But with omnisphere, I dont need to have the ability to mute a single note on a certain measure.

So any vst/rtas i use which is multitimbral I'd rock em on aux inputs. But somehting like Vanguard I'd use an instrument track. Same concept in cubase.

if you're using a mac i'd say go for logic. The tediousness of other DAWs annoyed me and then i used logic and the first time i opened it i made my best beat so far lol

Sonar for all audio needs in recording, mixing, mastering.

Ableton Live 8 when I want to have fun creating tracks.

Project5 when I want to work fast creating tracks...well, until I've learned Live through and through that is.

logic - for midi production
pro tools - for audio production
fl studio - just for fun (music video game)

looking to invest in reason, reason record, and cubase

Back