What is the best DAW?

I

Ill Noizz

I'ma 16 year old that is starting to make beats, and I was wondering what you guys think is the best DAW.

If you use the search function on this site you can see that lots of other people in similar situations have asked the same question

...and the answer always is "the one that does what you need it to do in the way you like the most". As pointed out, this question has been asked a million times, and the only way to find out is to try them.

My learning expriece came down to ease of use, type of genre I want to focus on. Sounds become the choosing factor for beatmakers specifically. I chose reason, but FL studio is probably the most preferred for all beat makers.

There is no "Best DAW" but i can recommend cubase. You have to be looking for what music you wanna use it and which Daw fits that best. Good Luck :)

i personally use fl and sony acid pro and love both of them. everybody has their own preference. but it's best to just do your research and compare and contrast.

Yes, do your research, but don't overthink it. Choose a DAW and jump right into the game. I started with Jeskola Buzz (a freeware tracker software), stayed with it for one or two years, then moved to Cubase and after another two or so years to Ableton Live. When I started to work in professional studios I got into Pro Tools. So Ableton Live and Pro Tools are my tools right now.

What I want to say is, you will probably not stick with your first DAW, but it doesn't matter. What does matter is that you get into the game and get your hands dirty. The DAW doesn't really matter, as they are all good.

Jump right in and enjoy your production journey:-)

It's a difficult question to answer, because as some other people in this thread alluded to there is no ONE best DAW. The people that do say a specific one likely say that because it's the one they landed on and are currently using :) You didn't give much detail on what your constraints are - you're 16, cool --

- Do you have a PC or Mac?
- Are you open to getting a new computer or will you be producing on your current one?
- Do you have a budget, or are you looking for free options and trial versions for the moment?
- What type of music do you want to make?

Whatever the OS is on your computer takes some DAWs out of contention. On macOS for example you won't really be able to use FL Studio, and on Windows you can't use Logic Pro.

Earlier in this thread a user pointed you to a list of all the DAWs listed by Wikipedia, which is a great overview, but I recommend you spend some time researching only the "bigger" ones so you don't get overwhelmed. Focus on Ableton, FL Studio, Cubase, Logic, maybe even SONAR, Studio One, and REAPER. Go to YouTube and search something like "[daw name] review" or "[daw name] overview" and you'll find nice videos like this one, Ableton Live 9 in 9 minutes. Sites like MusicRadar also do great individual reviews, like this Studio One 3 review they did. Now, I also am a fan of complete guides that give you an overview of a topic start to finish, and make some recommendations. Equipboard does good ones and I recommend their guide to the best DAWs.

Also, don't discount what your favorite producers that you look up to are using. Part of why I chose Logic myself (aside from just being a user of Macs) is that a handful of producers I really like were using it and even made some nice tutorials on YouTube. Google "what DAW does [producer name] use?" and you should get an answer in most cases.

Good luck, come back and post what DAW you chose and why, I'm curious :)

Depends on your preferences. For me, I'd prefer to use FL Studio but then again, it's just my preference. Ableton, Logic, Cubase are all good DAWs too..

There is no best DAW, it's entirely dependant on you.

There are some which are easier to pick up for new producers ie Fruity Loops.

reason is the most pleasant to work in, but it sounds a bit..strange:D. i've spend a lot of time with ableton but still hate it for its interface. reason ftw

Back