What Is the Best Beat making Program?

A

audioguy

Producers in your opinion, what is the best beat making program on the market right now? Please tell me what you use and think about the product.

yes, it's a choice thing, ofcourse. but fl studio is good one. easy to use once you play around with it for awhile.. good sequencer.. good effects..

Thanks alot, it really is a choice thing. I guess it's whatever comfortable to you.

There is an old saying that goes

"if all you have is a hammer then everything looks like a nail"

More bluntly, the best program is that one the complements the way you like to work - everything else is personal opinion bordering on religious zealotry.

It's like asking which is the best OS/computer to use for making music? Define the terms beyond that as to which provides better integral support for making music and the answer is still one of religious fervour rather than factual evidence: Mac OSX/Windows XP|7|8/Linux (pick your flavour).

Personally I use Reason/Cubase/Finale notepad 2k5/Hammerhead/A custom program my son and I wrote for some drum tracking/reaktor/pd/audacity/fl

In other words, it depends on what you are trying to do and what tools you already know and what tools you can find that do the job better.

I used to use FL too, but now I love Ableton´s approach. That possibility to record yor actual realtime playing and tweeking is outstanding to me. It is also very good and intuitive in working with a sample itself. Pitch, stretch, quantization... all well thought and helping.

People are finally getting how great FL Studio is. It has the easiest to use and is very powerful. Automation, sound design, mixing, you can do it all within minutes. Some of the top producers in Hip Hop use it: Hit Boy, T Minus, Cardiak and more. The only other sofware I would use is Reason for the stock sounds. But even then I just import everything into FL and finish it.

Without FL Studio, if people started making beats.......they would end up sounding like this guy.

Don't laugh.....people know I'm telling the truth. They have to use some kind of a visual experience when making beats....a gaming experience type of atmosphere because they don't have a musical bone in their body. FL Studio is the way to go....not for me...of course not. For you....most definitely. Take your time.....click the sounds til they sound like a HIT!!!! I would slaughter yall and only need that XR20 with a four track limit.

A studio set up is way more fun and exciting than any software. IMO. This guy has inspired me......for real. I miss life before the computer.

Last edited:
Back