using own samples in drum machine (software) (FL)

GKillz

hi,
this is my first post here, im really quite new to this side of music and have this question:
i using fruity loops and like that i can use my (typing) keyboard with the drum machine, but i can only use the samples that come with the machine. am i missing something in FL?, or can some1 recommend me (ideally free) software that allows me to load my own samples and then use my keyboard to trigger them.
ty.

if im posting in thge wrong place or something just let me know.

You're missing something as there are plenty of devices in FL you can load your samples in (FPC, DirectWave & Edison at least). Not sure what "drum machine" you're talking about - if it's DrumSynth Live, the name sort of gives it away that it's a synth, not a sampler.

ok. yes i was talking about the synthdrum (but i would have guessed those were samples).
i am wanting somthing like the drum synthesizer in fruityloops but to be able to use new sounds - Audacity do that?

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

i never seed FPC before. that will do for now. i like seeing it as a keyboard tho.

ok. yes i was talking about the synthdrum (but i would have guessed those were samples).
i am wanting somthing like the drum synthesizer in fruityloops but to be able to use new sounds - Audacity do that?

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

i never seed FPC before. that will do for now. i like seeing it as a keyboard tho.

Adacity will help you make samples because it is an audio editor, you will still need something to load your samples into.

I don't know about the qwerty keyboard thing but, try DigiDrum, GTG DrumSampler and Dr-Fusion.

Youtube fpc tutorial in fl - it is easier- you can drag the chops from edison to the fpc

Back