Using External Midi Device in Real-Time with Reason 4 Question

whatsup, looking for some help on this one

I'm using a thing called TS-Audio to Midi Realtime Converter with Reason 4

I am able to record a midi file and import it into reason and use it, but i want to do it in real time

I set my External Control Bus A to Maple Midi in Port 2

I set the Out on the TSAMRC to Maple Midi in Port 2

How do I make Midi in Port 2 control my reason device in real time?

Thanks

somewhere in there your going to need to set a midi out port, you said you use maple midi in port 2, twice! you have to send midi out of your external midi device, and in to Reason. not exactly sure what a ts-audio is, but if it sends midi out, set it up in the advanced control tab (as you said you did) and add the modules in Reason to the advanced midi device at the top. this will allow you to sequence Reason modules from the ts-audio (or whatever it is). if you just want to use it as a controller, set it up under the control surfaces tab and remove the entries you made under the advanced control tab. this way, you can just arm a track and record into Reason's sequencer.
LevLove

Hi, im using NI Maschine as my external midi device to control Kong drum designer from Reason 5. In the beginning I had no clue how to set it up but after trial and error and finally I can hear Kong beats if I tap my NI maschine. But the problem now is I cant record the beats that I hear into Reason's sequencer, I dont see the blinking green light on the lane of the sequencer's track. Do you know how to route the sound into the sequencer so I can record them ? thanks.

Back