Uninstalling Reason 4.0

supaproduca123

If I delete Reason 4.0 and have Reason song files on my computer.Will Reason delete the beats that I made as well as the software too?

I'm asking cause I'm trying to install other software on my computer and I'm not gonna need Reason 4.0 for awhile.

Your Safe

FILES AND SOFTWARE ARE SEPRATE. JUST DONT DELETE THE FILES .
AND WHEN U RE-INTALL FILES WILL STILL LOAD .

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR WORK I ALSO USE REASON. AND WHAT PROGRAM ARE U SWITCHING TO. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

NOVACOMP@SBCGLOBAL.NET

Just make sure that you don't have your music or refills in the same folder that Reason was installed to, because the propellerhead installer/uninstaller will likely just wipe that folder when it uninstalls and anything you have in there as well.

cycloptic.

K-DUBB said:
FILES AND SOFTWARE ARE SEPRATE. JUST DONT DELETE THE FILES .
AND WHEN U RE-INTALL FILES WILL STILL LOAD .

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR WORK I ALSO USE REASON. AND WHAT PROGRAM ARE U SWITCHING TO. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

NOVACOMP@SBCGLOBAL.NET

Thanks.I'm thinking of using Cubase cause of VSTIs,I'm not really "switching".Just want to save room on my PC untill I get more space then I'll rewire.I've never made full beats cause for me its hard to learn how to structure my beats.

cycloptic said:
Just make sure that you don't have your music or refills in the same folder that Reason was installed to, because the propellerhead installer/uninstaller will likely just wipe that folder when it uninstalls and anything you have in there as well.

cycloptic.

Thanks, luckly I had my refills in a different folder somewhere else!

Last edited:
ImTime said:
lol @ saving room with VSTs... good luck on that... sounds like what u need is an external...

but i've been deleting alot of crap on my pc.Before when i was using FL Studio my cpu was shooting up to 60 to 80%! and i had only purity open and the rest were one-shot sounds.

As far as I know that reason will delete the beats maybe, I am not sure. But you should use revo uninstaller which could be helpful for you and reason will not be delete with it. In fact, I have an experience with it.

Last edited:
As far as I know that reason will delete the beats maybe, I am not sure. But you should use revo uninstaller which could be helpful for you and reason will not be delete with it. In fact, I have an experience with it.

LoL. You are replying to a post from 2008 (5 years old).

And to be correct. Uninstalling Reason or any DAW will not delete the sessions created with it.

Back