UMX490 keyboard and Cubase

Kaktuar

Hello !

Recently I've bought a midi controller keyboard : the UMX490 of Behringer. I'm trying to use it with Cubase 7 or 5 but the keyboard is not detected by the cubase device manager and I don't know how to define a new device.

I've heard about patchname but I don't know how to write one and I've don't find the patchname of that keyboard of mine.

Thank's in advance :D

Device manager isn't the thing for you. This is a dummy keyboard with no sounds, so once plugged in and the drivers auto-installed, you should see this as a MIDI input option for MIDI tracks (you'll see this as a drop down under 'input' in the track inspector, although the default input setting of 'all MIDI inputs' should give you input), but you'll still need some tone generation, either by way of a plugin or an external tone generator. To check if it's working, add a new MIDI track, leave the input option to 'all MIDI inputs', make sure the transport is visible and press a key. You should see some input activity on the right-hand side of the transport, just to the left of the audio input/output indicators.

The device manager is for managing patches on an external tone generator.

Back