Tracking into cubase from mv 8000..quality degradation..

veck

DJ Sophic
I decided that i should start to take advantage of the LE version of cubase i have so i figured i should start mixing my tracks in cubase. I have an mv 8000 so i set up all the midi syncing - all works fine, i have to record each audio track seperately which is a ***** due to the fact i dont have the i/o expansion but i digress. After recording a kick track i noticed how lackluster and ****ty it sounded compared to the output i was getting from the mv. The sound is very different and is also very quiet (even though the meter was reading where i wanted it to during recording). Is this a normal sort of thing where im going to have to reprocess the drums a bit more to get them where i had them in the mv? Is my interface to blame (yamaha g046)? Is it the daw? The audio cables running into my interface?

Thanks

Its a yamaha G046, i use it to run my mv through to speakers as well (as opposed to directly) and i get great quality there.

It's not your interface .I have had the mv since its launch with the out option you have to set yousettings in the miXer per track it defaults at 100 change this add effects to your drums per track then mixdown options give you processing effects wich are pretty decent if you play with it even though i track out to protools Ireally don't need to mv-8000/8800 standalone "we" are just doing unecessary work by tracking out but it's users choice imao.

I see what your saying, but i wanted to individually apply eq and tweaks to the drum sounds and that takes too long in the mv with having to resample, etc, and with this track i had the drums midi commands all under one channel and i dont want to have to go through the process of loading the sounds onto seperate patches just to have them in different channels in the mixer.

I figured i should get more familiar with DAW work anyways.

and could you clarify what your saying here

SHAKIR47 said:
with the out option you have to set yousettings in the miXer per track it defaults at 100 change this add effects to your drums per track then mixdown

you kind just mashed everything together and im not real sure what your talking about.

Last edited:
FOR a while i tracked out to yamaha awg16 but like i said no need it's on a shelf now layer your snares on dif tracks believe me mv is a monster i'd even compare to mpc 4k witch i also have. check out mv nation some helpful tips believe.

once you hit mixer button it brings up the tracks witch you can change volume add reverb etc to each track. to give more punch.

Last edited:
Perhaps your right, the one and only thing that really irks me about the mv is the fx routing..but ill will begin to look deeper into the machine ive only had it about 2 1/2 months if that.

Back