Top 5 DAW's of 2013

Can only speak from personal experience-
At this moment in time -
Ableton 64-bit (with Automap function) - because of it's improved easy to map automation of effect controls/ VST Integration , simple record in, audio and midi channel. Midi extraction parameters, launch mode capabilities.. I use Maschine II for beats then add it as a vst inside of Ableton.(UNIQUE - Max for live takes things up a notch)

Not used more recent versions of Reason (VST integration?) Although I believe there are some decent racks available.
Pro Tools - no mac? bonkers-strange-policy?? Considering that quality of current PC's on the market???
Reaper And Presonus must be applauded, hopefully a wake up call for Pro-Tools, but I doubt it?
FL studio, legendary software, where many start off (many stay with) a solid introduction to intricacies and the workings of a DAW.
NEVER USED ANY OTHER DAWS.

Last edited:
Ok, let me get this straight. I still have an older version of Reason, and about to buy a maschine mk2 later this week. All I need to do is get the Reason upgrade for 6 or 7 and I can record sound from Maschine into my Reason rack.

Back