Tired of computers?!

E.N.Shinjitsu

Aren't you also tired of computers...
I mean, i love Reason and Cubase, vst's -all that stuff... but im getting tired of clicking with the mouse. It just seems to stop my workflow somehow. Not in such a bad way that i can't work at all. After a while my body gets tired, then my mind. I just have the feeling i could do so much better if i wasn't tied to the monitor all the time. Draging things around, adjusting virtual knobs.
I've thought of an MPC- yes but i don't sample too much.
Then... outboard gear **** i don't have the money
Meko - Neko ... still too expensive.
Yeah i know i can save money... but that will take a realy long time.
Right now i'm fantasizing about some kind of NeKo but without running a pc software. Just the ability to use your plugins and a sequencer only for that machine, A big enough tuch screen that reacts similar to the mouse pad on the macbook pro. Some nice keys to play on. And intuitive knobs and so on. As i wright i realize i'm sounding weird.
Maybe something like that exists already and i just don't know about it. Well without enough money i think i will have to stick to my computer setup..
What are your thoughts??

Buy a midi controller. Learn how to use it. Love your computer for life. Wish I had a computer back in 95' that had a way of giving me just about any keyboard, drum machine, reverb, compressor, delay, ect ever made. Imagine that!

You know what? Damn a computer! All you need is this.

and this

and this

There you go. Less than $600.

When they mess up on you.....hell.....just buy new ones. Why have a hardrive and plenty of back up? :)

Or something like this for your computer

[video=youtube;XXvO_2_eW_8&feature=related]video[/video]

Last edited:
Axiom 25 my friend.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

There's no way around the computer unless you're a band recording to tape.

thanks i will look into that.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

901_Rice_Street that was actually really funny. I'm getting it. I'll stick to my PC...

Aren't you also tired of computers...
I mean, i love Reason and Cubase, vst's -all that stuff... but im getting tired of clicking with the mouse. It just seems to stop my workflow somehow. Not in such a bad way that i can't work at all. After a while my body gets tired, then my mind. I just have the feeling i could do so much better if i wasn't tied to the monitor all the time. Draging things around, adjusting virtual knobs.
I've thought of an MPC- yes but i don't sample too much.
Then... outboard gear **** i don't have the money
Meko - Neko ... still too expensive.
Yeah i know i can save money... but that will take a realy long time.
Right now i'm fantasizing about some kind of NeKo but without running a pc software. Just the ability to use your plugins and a sequencer only for that machine, A big enough tuch screen that reacts similar to the mouse pad on the macbook pro. Some nice keys to play on. And intuitive knobs and so on. As i wright i realize i'm sounding weird.
Maybe something like that exists already and i just don't know about it. Well without enough money i think i will have to stick to my computer setup..
What are your thoughts??

Honestly, MPC is the way to go even if you don't sample.. Or MV 8800..

I'm looking into the Meko/Neko as well.. way to expensive..and they won't let you finance..

Hardware recording is time consuming.. takes a while to set tracks I did that for some time, but the daw lets you edit faster..

The computers have taken over..

What are your thoughts??

I feel you man....the computer definitely has worlds to grow in terms of being used as a creative interface....(imagine an artist having to boot up, maintain software and drivers on his canvas) this technology is incredibly powerful, but it has to be harnessed. We're only getting started doing so.

I believe that the machine you dream of is a few years off, but touchscreens and new interfaces are a major part of new music technology- check out all the iphone apps....we just need to perfect it.

As a long time MPC user I'm slowly trying to move into the box but taking time to maintain the hands on aspect of making music. The software is not nearly as tight as the MPC, 1-2 ms latency on hardware is a far cry from 8-16 ms latency on software. When you're talking about percussion based non-quantized music, this is important.

I would recommend getting an MPC if you're looking at one...give it a shot. You can pick up a 2000XL on ebay for $300.

Last edited:
computers and technology will rule the world in the future and enslave mankind be afraid very afraid

naw really I dont know what to say unless they make virtual helmets that read your mind and automatically picks what your thinking you'll always need to click something rather it's an MPC or etc.

Back