Is there any program like the old AcidPro 4.0

DjPhukkPhace

Wassup y'all? Longtime fan, friend, and supporter of this site. This place should win a Humanitarian Award foreal

Anyway. I'm looking for a Program that's exactly identical to the old AcidPro 4.0. I know you're probably thinking just get the newest AcidPro but No I can't, completely different.

I'm trying to find something that has a linear outline that stretches out (on the nano/milli second).

I'm trying to chop some tracks together but Bland Stiff Flat Linear programs have my shit sounded very Digital and off tick rather verses the natural sequencing that the old AcidPro 4 allowed me to.

Thanks for any help

Well, you can still get Acid 4.0 off the official Sony site - here. I doubt anything else is going to be anywhere near identical :)

Last edited:
On second thought I can't. Shit don't even work no more, I guess it's outdated.

I kinda assumed that considering how Old it is. Software isn't like Hardware, that shit has an age limit to it. That's why Analog virtually has never went anywhere and Digital is always changing up literally day after day

I need something from "Today" i would assume. Unless there's something else? All I've ever used were Midi-Keyboards, Drum Pads, FLStudio, Reason-Recycle, and WavPad. And of course AcidPro

Last edited:
it will run in XP - do you still have an xp license?

if so you could use something like virtual box to run it with no problems in your current pc

this allows you to avoid the issues of old sw vs new computer hw

Last edited:
Bland Stiff Flat Linear programs have my shit sounded very Digital and off tick rather verses the natural sequencing that the old AcidPro 4 allowed me to.
This shouldn't be an issue at all. DAWs do not have an intrinsic 'sound' that's impossible to avoid. You want natural sequencing? Turn off snap/quantize on whatever you're currently using and you're good to go...

Y'all not even gonna believe this tho. Whole time the latest AcidPro Xpress do what I need it to do.

But I do remember downloading a shitty version of AcidPro where shit was outta wack. I had to get rid of that *****.

Back