Teddy Riley switching from Logic to Nuedo/Cubase

HAHA get em Teddy, i cant stand logic i mite pick up Cubase again because using it with Reason is SOOOOOOOO easy

I saw the videos of him and Stevie Wonder on the Steinberg site. Teddy Riley is and everything he's done over the years, particularly around the time of Black Street, is my favorite producer of all time. If I could emulate anyone, it would be Teddy Riley. He's a modern legend and still young enough to make plenty more magic. Also I've been using Cubase since around 2000 so I of course hear anything good he has to say about Steinberg products, but competition is stiff right now from Cakewalk.

Whoooaa. He's endorsing PC's and more or less hating on Mac and Logic. That's crazy right there. I can't believe he's saying all that. LOL That's funny.

Last edited:
Man Teddy Riley should come up with something crazy and kill the music game again....

btw. my Cubase 4.5 copy is on the way and should arrive next week...
im happy with cubase 3 but i feel that the time has come to upgrade...

as20gp said:
HAHA get em Teddy, i cant stand logic i mite pick up Cubase again because using it with Reason is SOOOOOOOO easy

no doubt Andrew...

Cubase+Reason > Logic

Last edited:
Cubase has the easiest most intuitive Rewire implementation of any program I've seen and I also think Cubase is the most intuitive program I've ever used. Things just make sense. Logic is the polar opposite when it comes to being smart and easy, but you can't touch Logic when it comes to instruments and fx. Nothing is even close. Gotta give credit where it's due.

Hell of course he gone say steinberg products are better if he endorsing them

once you go PC you fon't go back huh, I think more people went from pc to mac then the other way around. A lot of people won't switch to mac because of the price

Andrew such a Logic hater when dude only has express. Express some gay ass ****. Get studio then tell us how much is sucks.

Logic don't work on the NEKO.

But Teddy Riley supporting Nuendo is a big thing for Steinberg.

I think though the NEKO boards are really getting the big time producers to supporting Nuendo since it is has a deep history, sophisticated editing and a pricey price.

jlgrimes11 said:
Logic don't work on the NEKO.

But Teddy Riley supporting Nuendo is a big thing for Steinberg.

I think though the NEKO boards are really getting the big time producers to supporting Nuendo since it is has a deep history, sophisticated editing and a pricey price.

according to Riley the quantizing s*cks with Logic.

he insist that if an individuals has "real" piano skills Logic is not the answer.

Coop7ca said:
Andrew such a Logic hater when dude only has express. Express some gay ass ****. Get studio then tell us how much is sucks.

i dont like the WORKFLOW of logic, logic is corny to me, and i cant get into it

the workflow isnt gonna change, its all over the place, especially comin from Reason where at most you have is 2 screens if you detach the sequencer window

its not organized to me, and the only thing it has over anything else is good sounds

quantizing is annoying as hell, also i use logic studio at school, and they put express on these macbooks.. but they always crash on me or dont open, and ive heard that complaint from MANY logic users about that

in the year ive had reason, its never crashed on me

in the month or 2 that ive had logic, its crashed on me everytime i tried to use it

cant say its my computer, since this is a BRAND new macbook

I crashed Logic constantly. Batch converting soundfonts with EXS equals crash every 3rd soundfont. What's worse is that when it crashes, Logic refuses to go away. So it crashes, then just stays there with the spinning beach ball. During soundfont conversion, I just keep the Task Manager open so I can easily force quit Logic. I used to have another standard crash with Logic when I was trying to access some particular midi function. I would just crash. Those are the only two standard crashes I had with Logic. Other than that, Logic is of course known to suffer from unexplainable dropouts, like Sonar. It just stops playing for no reason. The best thing Logic has going for it is the instruments and fx. Otherwise, it's good good midi tools, flexible quantization, good way of dealing with single timbrel instruments, and it's the smoothest sequencer I've used so far. Other than the dropouts, it's amazingly glitch free.

Logic is like the old Pro Tools. People hear about it being "The industry standart" and buy it without considering other options.
Hell I know a lot of Logic users who don't even know how to operate with it.

Yeah and i bet many mac users got their copy from a to***** site. They didn't buy it. Especially all the newbies.

Last edited:
Much respect for this bro!!!

Another guy who swears by PC's...the First being JUST BLAZE!!!

They're right!! U cant get those million small things in Macs that u get in PCs...All those mad synths...weird plugins..third party stuff...

PCs rule! If u keep it proper and stay away from cracks and buy all ur stuff and keep ur PC committed to just making music...Nothing can crash it!!!

My 2 cents,,

logic users uniteeeeeeee

lol

just for the record i purchased logic studio for $499 before tax...

also...to be honest...logic has crashed on me a couple of times...so i'm not in here to say one software is better than another

but i can't really complain about it at all

Last edited:
Much respect for this bro!!!

Another guy who swears by PC's...the First being JUST BLAZE!!!

They're right!! U cant get those million small things in Macs that u get in PCs...All those mad synths...weird plugins..third party stuff...

PCs rule! If u keep it proper and stay away from cracks and buy all ur stuff and keep ur PC committed to just making music...Nothing can crash it!!!

My 2 cents,,
Just blazes uses logic man, there's a video on youtube of him explaining how he chops samples using Logic and the EXS or ESX sampler, getcha facts right man.

Back