Teddy Riley switching from Logic to Nuedo/Cubase

Ive been a Nuendo user for at least 6 years.

I used Cakewalk before that.
the Cakewalk workspace tends to get cluttered really fast.
With Nuendo, it is very simply.
My favorite thing about it is the mixer.

Ive been a Nuendo user for at least 6 years.

I used Cakewalk before that.
the Cakewalk workspace tends to get cluttered really fast.
With Nuendo, it is very simply.
My favorite thing about it is the mixer.

A question I was always wondering is why Nuendo and not Cubase SX?

I thought Nuendo just had better video editing functionality compared to Cubase.

I guess it all depends on what program fits you. Cakewalk sequencers have rock solid timing IMO. Their interface can get cluttered though. But I like Cakewalk better for mixing than Pro Tools. But to be honest I never tried Cubase.

according to Riley the quantizing s*cks with Logic.

he insist that if an individuals has "real" piano skills Logic is not the answer.

Lol, maybe, just maybe it's all in his mind..........hmmm, yes I think it is.
Like a frikken software sequencer in 2009 makes a frikken differnce haha.

Man he messed up the whole video because at 6:30 in the second he said there is a lot of things you can do in Logic. LOL

Just blazes uses logic man, there's a video on youtube of him explaining how he chops samples using Logic and the EXS or ESX sampler, getcha facts right man.

Oh I like it when someone challanges me!!

Here's a LONG interview session from Red Bull academy's Video
Archive... This interview is a gem for Just Blaze fans!!!

Here he's sitting with his Sony Vaio Laptop and gives a long explanation about his preference for using PCs. Its somewhere in the middle of the interview!!

Here are two of the four parts of the interview:

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/video-archive/lectures/uidcall/312/

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/video-archive/lectures/uidcall/313/

Maybe he's using Logic to just chop samples and then imports them to his PC setup.

I never talk shyt just for the sake of it.. Just because there's a video of him demonstrating chopping samples in Logic doesn't mean he uses Logic! I have a picture of Jimi Hendrix playin a Les Paul..that doesn't mean he used a Les Paul! He was a Strat man all the way!!:cheers:

Please look at the date of that Red Bull interview..... its WAAAAY before he switched to using Logic

Hmm I thought the actualy Steinberg videos were better. The vid was pretty kool though. I just upgraded to 5 recently from 3.1 SX and it hasn't been as smooth as I would like.

I would like to say 64 bit is a waste of time...

Going back to 32!

what is wrong with the quantization in logic? If he`s a great player, im sure he doesnt do it that much either.

funny how he says nuendo can do so much crazy stuff, when its not nuendo that is doing it, but his plugins ( sugar bytes )

He isn't wrong in that Cubase/Nuendo can do crazy stuff. If he uses it or not is another story. I think Teddy Riley would be good regardless of what software he uses.

Did y'all actually REALLY watch the video of Teddy Riley that y'all prize so much? In the second video where he does the demonstration he says at the 6:28 mark "so that gives you an idea of what you can do in Logic", worst mistake someone can make in an endorsing video.

I never trust those type of endorsing videos, people will tell and sell you anything for that big cut, it doesn't even matter if he's an icon, but just because he's an icon people will just believe everything what comes out of his mouth, even if he talks about Nuendo in the one minute and then about Logic in the next minute, like no one cares.

Back