Tap Tempo On MPD

Tap Tempo

Thanks Lads 4 Getting Back On This, Least I Know Im Not Alone Out There On This 1... Its Very Annoying, Coz Its The Only Thing That Isnt Working
Otherwise I Think Its A Good Piece Of Kit

word from akai is it doesn't work you are to use the tap tempo internally on the mpk/mpd and then change it manually in your daw which is very annoying imo.

As Xabiton pointed out the Tempo Tap button is meant to control the MPD's internal tempo when the MPD is set to use its internal midi clock. The easiest way to sync the MPD with your DAW is configure it to use your DAW as an external clock source.
Because the tempo tap feature in FL is not MIDI assignable you can't use the tempo tap button or any other button to control FL's tempo. The tempo can only be changed via the tempo tap menu in FL.

Also it should be noted that the MPKs tap tempo button is also not midi assignable so trying to use the midi learn function in Reason to assign it to the tap tempo button on the mpk will not work. Ive tried it. I did however assign one of the buttons on my MPK to the tap tempo in Reason but usually just use the MPK's tap tempo button.

Back