SX on '98 and ME

Carnage

Back with a Boom Clap
Now I know that Cubase SX was built for 2000 & above but I have heard a number of people are using it on 98 and ME with no problems. I have ME on my computer at home and was thinking of buying XP in the new year so I could use SX. But if I could work out how to get it to run on ME then I wouldnt need to.

Anyone got any ideas?

Well even if it did work, I strongly suggest you get XP... XP is excellent for music. I loooove it.

So stable.

But remember to tweak it like explained in the forums (like any OS)

good luck!

About this tweaking for music: would it have any adverse effects on the running of other more mundane operations on the computer?

Don't run anything else.

You need to install the OS twice. It will create a dual-boot for you... Each time you turn your machine on, it will ask you which OS you want to launch.

The best is first to split your HD in 2 partitions (example: C and D) or to run 2 hard drives. Ask someone who knows a lot about computers to help if you are not sure how to do this.

You install an OS on each. So then you can run those games, graphic apps, internet etc.. on one OS, and have a CLEAN and tweaked OS for your music.

Hell, I actually have 8 different partitions (!) because i set different cluster size for partitions with OS+programs than paritions with large audio files. That's a bit stretching it, but it allows me to grasp at once what need ot be backed-up, and I am not worried if the OS partition fails.. I just wipe it out and re-install without having to backup the rest (secured in their own parititon)

That's what I do and it is rock stable.
Hope this helps!

Back