Stupid problem with FL

slightlyinsane

Hello
I installed FL studio yesterday, everything went great. But now when I click play one of my layers starts muting itself and unmutes for a very short time and then mutes again. It's probably something retarted I'm doing wrong. I'm using the akai mpk mini as a midi controller by the way. Does it maybe have something to do with that?

Not sure, could be many things, so forgive me if I ask the obvious:

1- Did you check your MIDI settings in FL Studio to see if it is reading your interface/sound card/ASIO driver?
2- Are you running FL with at least 4GB of memory?
3-Is the sound going in and out?? Or is the track literally muting (check the track to see if it is still activated when the sound goes off by the green light).
-If the light stays on, it's probobly something with the driver and the input of the MIDI controller
-If the light goes off and the track is physically "muted", then it sounds like some type of mute automation set up internally with the sequencer.

Let me know of any other details that you have towards this issue and I'll look into it

There are some YouTube videos that show you what the problem is and how to fix it. I had the same issue some time ago. Unfortunately I don't have the links anymore.

Yeah the green light flashes on and of. I have checked all the other things and the settings are correct. So it must be the mute automation I'll see if I can find it somewhere..

I'm freestyling here (I'm at work so can't see FL), but on the left-hand tree, there's a folder called 'Initiated Controls' - I think it's under ''Project''. So, Project then initiate controls. There's probably something in there automating your issue.

Delete it and you should be good to go. This may not necessarily be the fix to your problem, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:
I'm freestyling here (I'm at work so can't see FL), but on the left-hand tree, there's a folder called 'Initiated Controls' - I think it's under ''Project''. So, Project then initiate controls. There's probably something in there automating your issue.

Delete it and you should be good to go. This may not necessarily be the fix to your problem, but it's worth a try.
Hey thanks I'll try that, I'm already making another project right now but I'm certain it will happen again.

Back