Studio One 3 is near, What's on your wishlist?

Tad

A little back story, started on ableton then switched to studio one, Tried Logic pro x, FL, reaper, and now bitwig... But ultimately I always tend to go back to Studio one, To me its a mix of ableton and logic, It has a fast workflow but yet its super powerful and sound fantastical.

So us Studio one producers should all now be aware that version 3 is right around the corner (Summer, end of summer/September ish)
So I wanted to find out what my fellow s1 producers wanted to see in version 3?

I for now would like to see this fixes/additions/changes -

GUI - To me studio one looks boring, colours are all very flat, Id like to see an update and an option to customise with skins/themes like reaper, But I think one simple change to the GUI could do, Track colour gradients... Like Logic pro x or cubase.

A few more midi synths - Presonus are starting to realise that s1 is being used by electronic music producers and I think its about time we see a few more synths and plug ins geared towards the edm producer.

Automation - I dont like the curve tool at all, I much prefer the ability to curve a straight line, Like bitwig/ableton/logic.. Needs overhauling

Track versions - I ****ing love this feature in Cubase, its really helpful and keeps projects tidy and organised.

Midi/Piano roll - Whilst i really actually like the piano roll, and love the ability to set keys and mute the rest of the notes, I would like to see an update to the piano roll, chord tools, pitch automation etc.

32/64 VST support - not a big deal as I use jBridge atm but it would makes things cleaner for me.

from the top of my head, With these change id be very very happy.

Let me know your wishlist

I would love to see them add features to Sample One such as auto zero crossing detection, cross fade looping, volume smoothing, and other asr 10 type functions to make it a full fledged sampler. I would also like them to add a bpm/tempo detection function instead of having to use melodyne to do it. I agree with you on the 32 bit plugin without jbridge too. These are just the immediate things that I wish for. Studio One is my first and only DAW so I can't compare it to anything else except my hardware set up which is a Korg d3200, Ensoniq Asr 10, Yamaha Rs 7000 and a Tascam 488mk II. Peace be with you.............Rob Mixx

I agree here, Sample one could use an overhaul. I rewire Reason to use the nnxt for all of the modulation features. Maybe lean that direction and replace the synth Mojito with something more useful.

Studio One is amazing just as is it. The extra native instruments sample players are too much in my opinion.

As soon as they start changing a whole bunch of stuff and adding a bunch of unnecessary features it won't be the same great product.

The best tools are simple. Words from a craftsman

I don't want bloatware. The ONLY thing I want to see from Studio One is the ability to tune samples more than one semitone in the Sample One player.

Last edited:
Better drum layering in Impact is really all I want. Please please please

yes i used to work with FL studio and i loved the FPC for the reason that you could put multiple sounds on one pad. then i could create my own sound by tweaking which ever one i wanted to and still have the other 15 pad instead of taking up multiple pad to layer ...

also i wish the play and record button could be mapped to the keyboard or midi device ... i feel like that would speed up work flow as well ...

Back