Stick with Logic Express 8 or wait for Express 9??

D-REW

Ok, so i just got a new macbook and decided to start getting software for it. Now on ebay i can find Logic Express 8 for as cheap as $100. Do you think i should just go with that or wait for a few weeks to get Logic Express 9 but pay about retail price?? Im trying to figure out if logic express 9 will be better for me.

You'll end up paying the same price, so you might just as well get it now. LE9 full costs $199, upgrade from LE8 costs $99...

anything you get will be capable of what you want it to do but trying to figure out if is gonna be better....that's spending more money for no reason.. Todays DAW's are way more powerful then most producers need as it is... Cubase 5 for example is fresh and new but it's also another 3-5 months of discovery to get into it like I'm into SX. I wouldn't bother with the extras unless you actually need the feature a vst or Logic 8 update doesn't provide to you...

I want Record case I can tempo shift in real time withit but outside of that, It's not needed cause I'm crash free with SX and I'm able to rock my vst's. Go with what praticle and spend the extra money on accessories you want like a good set of headphones/monitors or a bigger monitor if needed. These companies only release stuff to keep you buying not because technology is advancing this fast. There's more producers now then EVER so there just cashing in for the most part...

$0.02

I just upgrade LP8 to LP9 and the workflow is 99% the same. Get LE8 if you really need logic now. If not just play around in GB until LE9 drops and then import your sessions over to LE9.

Back