Sonar X3 - VSTi Dropout Issues

andersdmoney

I'm running Sonar X3 Producer on Windows 8.1, using an HP 500-081ea with an i5-3330s, Foxconn 2ADA motherboard and Ivy bridge.
I have recently upgraded my RAM from 8gb to 16gb with a hyper fury ddr3 strip and have started experiencing bizarre VSTi dropouts on certain songs.
I say bizarre because these songs aren't particularly processor intensive, are not localized to a specific program, and the dropouts happen sporadically. Before I upgraded the RAM, the audio engine would drop out if the processor was overloaded - which is in fact why I upgraded, but these dropouts happen without affecting the audio engine most of the time.

I've increased the latency in playback from 250ms to 750ms and the problem still persists. I'm not that tech savvy so I fully appreciate I may have overlooked something, but I think I covered most of my bases before upgrading.

Asides from removing the RAM or uninstalling/re-installing software - which I'd like to keep as a last resort, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Back