Sonar 2 vs. Cubase

T

themantis

Well, what are your thoughts? Fight it out....I am thinking about getting one of these.

In His Service,
The Mantis

sonar 2 hands down...i use sonar xl but wanna update......Cubase is a piece of hooey

Themantis what exactly do want to do? Are you recording midi alone, or is audio involved?
Depending on where your going you could have many options!

Musically yours
Quincy72

Consider trying the demos of both products.

Some people prefer one -- some the other. (Depending on what you're doing one might definitely be better than the other for you... for instance, Cubase SX allows 5.1 mixing. Sonar has a fairly robust and developed ACID-like loop functionality that's integrated into the main program. [Actually, CSX just added some kind of loop ability, too.])

Anyhow, it's too important to just listen to a couple of opinions on a BB... you need to check them out yourself, if at all possible.

(PS... I use Sonar 2 and like it very much. But you might prefer Cubase.)

Here's a review in Mix of Sonar 2:

Mix Magazine: Sonar 2.0 Reviewed

I love sonar

One of my dad's friends turned us onto sonar XL and its GOSU.
We were using vst cubase...but sonar seems to be a bit cooler. I never treid SX so i dunno...but sonar is VAST and i got so many plugins that i dont need anything else. But im a sampler/arranger more then a live recorder...so whatever suits u.

its hot for remixing cuz of the beat matching and all the drum kits and stuff....very very hot...

I was just hearing some very glowing things about Cubase SX in a forum at mp3.com...

I think they're all getting better. I don't think there's probably any one sequencer that's right for everybody.

And certainly, competition is good for everybody.

Back