slow deep voice

beatmakernutty said:
yo how can i sample a voice and slow it down with out losing its tempo like the deep voice in most south songs

Protools 7.4 can do it easy. Or you can sample the voice take it and put it in whatever program you are using, and if you have a midi keyboard stretch it along the keys. Tap the lower keys and you will get the drag deep effect of it. Tap the kep that will go with the song then put it in and walla you are done.

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc

RAHINQUADSTUDIOS2SMALLER.jpg

timestretch the sample and pitch it down. or if your good with portamento u can use this method too. but the porta method is slighty trickier to use

use timestretch like rayzer said

If you listen to Danoc, the effect you will get is a deep voice, and the same tempo the sample was originally in

No powell, if he listens to danoc, he'll get lower pitch and a slower tempo, just like how a record player behaves. The deep voice at the same tempo like u said, is what he is after, thats what timestretch and pitch shifting will do, as rayzer stated.
LevLove

Pitchshift in Pro Tools works. When you preview it, it will sound too slow, but when you play it back it will play at the original tempo with the new low voice. If you do this on the MPC you will need to lower the pitch and then use timestretch. What equipment are you using? This will help. I only know how to do it with Pro Tools or the MPC1000.

I don't think he's asking if he can slow it down without changing the tempo. I think he is asking how to lower the pitch without it effecting the tempo.

I know
I'm trying to help him out, instead of just ignoring the fact that he asked for the wrong thing.

Thats cool. I guess I just figure I knew what he meant, so I ignored it, but you are right. You have to know exactly what you are asking if you want to understand the answers given.

Back