Sends in Cubase 5

Eksodismal

[Forward - Sorry if this should go in techniques instead of software but seeing as how it's related to both I figured I would post it here]

Issue - Having control over a 1 group of effects for multiple tracks.

I am a long(really long) time FL studio user. Usually when i want XXX effect to affect 3 seperate instruments, I have them all in thier own track, then send them all to 1 effects track, while disabling thier output to master. A nice "subgrouping" if you will. I like this method because it allows me to use the Mix knob/fader for whatever effect they are all being sent to.. while using the effect tracks fader for overall gain/volume.
...all that being said... I recently bought cubase 5 through my school ( hefty discount! ), as it was neccesary for a class i am taking.

I am trying to send 4 seperate string tracks all to one reverb and chorus effect. As i have it setup now, they all have a Send 100% to an FX track containing reverb/chorus. Unfortunatly it seems that the individual track faders are PRE-SEND. So I can't simply down all thier faders and let the effects track be thier master fader while maintaing thier individual pans and what nots.

So, I suppose my question is... "Am i doing it right?"
Am i doing this completely @$$-backwards?

Basically i want x amount of instrument tracks to have individual pan sending into a master track for overall volume and effects.

Any suggestions?

( i feel like im just dumbtarded and have been using FL studio for way too long )

Be sure that you are using SENDS (On the RIGHT side ) and not INSERTS (On the Left), the first 6 slots are PRE, the last 2 being POST)

Sends are POST by default you can change that by Toggling the "Pre-Fader" Button..its the second button that appears when you enable a Send Fx

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatsup this might help its from a Cubase Class I'm taking at my school

Group Channel: Allows control of multiple track volumes with one volume slider. Used for creating submixes and headphone mixes.

Objective: Create a Submix by routing Multiple Audio Tracks to a Group Channel. (This works well with multiple drum tracks or multiple backing vocal tracks. The example below assumes you already have multiple audio tracks to route to a Group Channel.)

1. Create a Group Channel-go to Project>AddTrack>Group Channel.

2. In the "Add Group Channel Track" dialog box that opens select your track configuration in the 'configuration' box. (Most of the time you will select Stereo.) Click 'Ok.'

3. A Group Channel folder and track will be added in your Project window.

4. Highlight an Audio track that you want to route to the Group Channel. In the Track Inspector click and hold in the 'Output Routing' box. You should see a Group Channel listed -Select it.

5. You have now routed an Audio track output to the Group Channel. Do step #4 for your other Audio tracks. When you are done you have created a submix, which allows all your routed Group Channel Audio tracks to be controlled (Volume and Pan) by one Volume and Pan slider in the Group Channel.

Main Difference between the FX Channel and the Group Channel: A portion of the Audio signal gets sent to the FX Channel whereas the entire Audio signal gets routed to the Group Channel.

Ahh thank you very much! Sorry for the super-delayed response... (I must have subscribed thread response e-mails turned off).

Back