Say i want to shorten the length of my kick in FL8?

N

Nagz

Hello,

I am new to the forum but I've been a lurker for awhile.

I have just started using Reaper with Fruity Loops 8 rewired. I am using fruity for my drum sequencing.

What I am having trouble with is that I can not figure out how to shorten the length of my samples, I am used to using redrum in reason where there is simply a knob that controls the length of the sample. I've tried using the envelopes in fruity and that will not cut the sound for me it will only automate the volume.

For example I have a kick sample that is actualy a double kick but I would like to use only the first kick, same with big 808's i'd like to cut them off sooner....

I've tried all the ways I know of to do this the simple way without any luck, will I have to edit the samples in audacity first and than reload them?

Hopefully this makes sence.

Joe

If you're loading your drums into the "wrapper"(sampler cell)

On the 1st page of tweaks you have "in" and "out" knobs. They controll fade in/out but leave a tail. The indented "SMP" is next to a "INS" button. Click on that, and you will get an ASDHR parameter for better control.

If you don't know how to use ASDHR values, tweak the knobs to learn what each one does, until you get it down, you can just use the "In/Out" Knobs on the other page in the sampler.

Back