Samplitude vs. Protools

HeadboyMusik

What's up people! I was talking to of my producer friends and he was telling me about a program that is better than protools when it comes to mixing down beats and using plugins. The name is Samplitude developed by magix. It costs 699 I was wondering have any of you used it?

Never used it, but there's basically no such thing as a D.A.W that's better than another .. I mean unless you're comparing like old Cool Edit with Pro Tools or something ... it's whatever you're comfortable using.

Its a great program and so is Sequoia.

Better ? ? ? ?

In my opinion better is simply a matter of what YOU can use the best. Doesn't matter if a program has 1,000 features if its hard for you to use, to expensive for you to purchase, or doesn't work well with your existing gear.

There are obviously some programs better situated for production (Reason, Fruity,Ableton) rather than mixing. Some are better at mixing, than production (protools) and Some programs do both very well like Logic and Sonar, Cubase.

Overall, mixing is about knowing how to mix in the first place - not about what you mix on. Once you factor in plug-ins you can use the same plugin with almost any program so the sound quality and features of the plug in are portable, which makes the DAW your using, not even matter. If I can mix with WAVES in ProTools, then I can mix with WAVES inside Cubase, Logic Sonar ect . . . . .

I agree. All of the above are good at what they do. I started with PT9, but it didn't work on my system. PT11 seems to have fixed all of their CPU hogging issues, so it probably would work on my system now. But , I got Samplitude Pro X to do my mixing and mastering , and I really love it. After PT9 didn't work out for me , I tried Ableton Live 8 lite . Great for getting ideas together quickly. Then I found Cubase le 5, and really got busy recording audio tracks. I then got Cubase 6.5 , and then 7. I can do almost anything I want to, in Cubase 7 ! & I then looked for a good audio editing and mastering program, and found Samplitude Pro X . Cubase 7's new Mix Console is great for mixing, and it looks great. But , I still find Samplitude Pro X to be a very useful addition, and I really love it's mixer. So , I am putting things together Cubase 7 and finishing the work in Samplitude 12 (Pro X) . One day I'll check out Waves. But for now , Samplitude , with it's mastering quality plug ins , is doing just fine by me . Now it's $499, and even cheaper if you can get the student discount, or educators discount($239.95!). It's a really deep program. Magix has a free 30 day trial , on samplitude . com . Also , youtube has tons of Samp tutorials. Magix support is also excellent. You can e-mail questions or call for free . Pro Tools actually charges money if you have a support question . When I asked for help when my PT9 wasn't working on my system, Avid support just told me to "Read the Manual". Yeah, the manual didn't help. So , short story long . . . I think Samplitude is really special. I would get it , even if you get something else. Samplitude Pro X is version 12 . It may take years for me to learn most of its secrets, but Samp is immediately helpful, and I see staying with it for a very long time. Object editing in Samp is way cool. You can cut beats and sounds into different "objects" , and arrange them on the Same Track with different effects. Very cool. I say demo everything and watch youtube videos, and find your bliss. Samplitude Pro X is becoming a good friend to me , indeed. There are many really good programs out there. Samplitude is definitely one of them. All of the best. Best is what works for you. I Agree. Cubase 7 and Samplitude Pro X work the best for me. Peace and Blessings . B

Back