Sampling workflow in Reason

oxygenbeats

Whats up people, I'm about to get Reason 5 but had a question about the workflow. I'm mainly still gonna be sampling and using reason to add basslines etc. to my beats. My question is whats the workflow like as far as sampling on reason. Is it fairly easy/quick to sample something in, chop it up, assign to the keyboard? How easy is it to layer drums then assign them? If i wanted to change a chop or a sound is it fairly quick to cut it up and reassign? sorry for the specific questions, I know "easy" is a pretty subjective term but I just wanted to hear from someone who does this on Reason and their opinion. Also if I buy reason does it come with recycle and record or do I have to buy those separately, I was a little confused about this while on their site. Either way thanks for the time, any advice/input is appreciated

Whats up people, I'm about to get Reason 5 but had a question about the workflow. I'm mainly still gonna be sampling and using reason to add basslines etc. to my beats. My question is whats the workflow like as far as sampling on reason. Is it fairly easy/quick to sample something in, chop it up, assign to the keyboard? How easy is it to layer drums then assign them? If i wanted to change a chop or a sound is it fairly quick to cut it up and reassign? sorry for the specific questions, I know "easy" is a pretty subjective term but I just wanted to hear from someone who does this on Reason and their opinion. Also if I buy reason does it come with recycle and record or do I have to buy those separately, I was a little confused about this while on their site. Either way thanks for the time, any advice/input is appreciated

Reason's sampling is simple and to the point.

Pretty easy for basic editing.

It doesn't do autochop however (automatically chops up your loops based off of musical time divisions or by transients).

Recycle does this and it is a separate purchase.

Back