Sampling drums in Logic/ESX24

Rolfjazzgård

Hi! I recently switched from Reason (using Dr. Rex) to Logic pro 9. I'm currently using the esx24 for sampling. I have no problem with it, except when I'm going to sample drums. I would like to be able to send effects to each drum. And the only solution I've got is to open every drum in its own sampler/channel. But I found that really annoying. Because i have to change channel each time I want to trigger another drum.

So i wonder if there is a way to get around this problem - to be able to play all drums on my midicontrollern whitout having to change channel, but still be able to mix every drum separately.

How do you do when u sample drums? Should i look in to the ultradrum(?) maybe?

Hey man, I know what you're feeling. The thing I think you're looking for would be using the exs24 as a "multi output" instrument, so you can have one main channel, and then the sounds can be routed how you want em (up to 5 stereo and 6 mono outputs per multi output instrument). I'm willing to bet that you'll find a lot of info on how to set these types of exs24 instances up if you search the web/youtube/tutorials with the keyword "multi output" + logic +exs. But, if not, lemme know and I'll walk you thru it.
Danarchy

I would suggest looking at ultrabeat. You can load all your own sounds into it and then apply filters and what not to each individual sound.

Yo, having any luck with the multi-out samples yet?

Also, if you're wanting to apply filters or other ultrabeat-specific processing to individual sounds like jgrisly mentioned, but still wanna be able to route them to groups to process in sections, you will still wanna follow the same process as you would with the exs24 regarding the type of instrument you select.

By default, Logic will generally open a 2 channel (stereo) instrument unless you tell it otherwise. So, in the screen shot I attached, I havent switched it to a multi output instrument yet, but I am highlighting the button which will turn the stereo instrument into a multi output instrument.

If I helped you out, please consider helping me out with a vote in this beat battle on FP: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...le-2-round-3-finals-you-choose-winner-430605/

Lemme know if you're figuring it out man, Dan

Attachments

• Logic Multi Output.jpg
    Logic Multi Output.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 100
Back