Sample Rate Issue

Czarkasm

I recently changed my sample rate from 44.1k to 48k and for some reason now my master mixer track is a lot lower volume, but peaks out on the meter quicker. When my master track is in the red in my mixer track, it doesn't even come close on the monitor above the play/stop button and tempo meter. Is there a reason for this or is it completely unrelated to my sample rate?

totally unrelated - sample rate is how many times a second you sample the input or create samples for the output

if your bit depth has changed as well (i.e. you were in 16 bit and now you are in 24 bit) then it may be related, as 24 bits gives you 256 times as many amplitude points as there were in 16 bit. However, if you are using your internal daw representation of 32 bit floating point then there should be no change to how amplitude is perceived or displayed.....

Computer restart and changed sample rate back to 44.1k and it's back to normal. I'll keep it here, although i'd still like to know why it did that if anybody knows an explanation

Last edited:
Back