Is Sample Rate important when recording Software Plugins?

A

Absolute Rules

And If so, should I get a Apogee Rosetta 200 or a Digi 003 to run Pro Tools 8?

THNX!:cool:

You question doesn't make any sense. What plug-ins? What are you recording? What does a Rosetta have anything to do with plug-ins. I don't think you fully understand what you are asking and probably need to be more informed.

Also never ask a question without telling us every piece of equipment that it involves. And your question should be very specific. How else do you expect help?

Is Sample Rate important when recording Software Plugins like reason or ableton live to a pro tools daw?

If so, should I get an interface that can handle a higher sample rate?

Is Sample Rate important when recording Software Plugins like reason or ableton live to a pro tools daw?

If so, should I get an interface that can handle a higher sample rate?

First of all Reason or Ableton Live is NOT A PLUG-IN. They are Digital Audio Workstation software. And converters DO NOTHING for recording stuff digitally inside the computer. You don't know what you are talking about and you need to learn more about the software you are using.

Read this
http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

You don't know what you are talking about and you need to learn more about the software you are using.

Well, that's why he was probably asking :)

Although I do agree that one shouldn't be even considering something as precious as a Rosetta with this level of knowledge - no offense.

Well, that's why he was probably asking :)

Although I do agree that one shouldn't be even considering something as precious as a Rosetta with this level of knowledge - no offense.

Yeah, sorry if it came off harsh. I just type and think little about the connotation of what I'm saying.

ha rosettta save your money yo. if you're bouncing vsts or effects they will take on the setting of your daw. for instance in cubase if your project is at 24/96 and you bounce a track, parts or a vst the audio file will be 24/26.

during the entire process your bitrate/samplerate should remain constant. only convert when your ready to get the music exported once its been mixed down. your mixdown process may involve export so thats when dither and conversion occurs.

my recommendation is to use 24/44 throughout your entire process.

Back