"rookie" reason 4.0 question

codamax

CRYOGENESIS
I'm new to reason and I just purchased my first sample pack and downloaded it. The file is in "my documents"......How do I access it with Dr.rex or nn-xt????

If its a refill, go go to browse patch and click on the file. You can also click the name of the refill and drag it to the left where it has the 2 that come with reason. I like to move all my refills to the reason install folder tho, just to make sure nothing happens to them. I have a habit of erasing random stuff sometimes, lol

"rookie" reason 4 question

If its a refill, go go to browse patch and click on the file. You can also click the name of the refill and drag it to the left where it has the 2 that come with reason. I like to move all my refills to the reason install folder tho, just to make sure nothing happens to them. I have a habit of erasing random stuff sometimes, lol

I don't believe this is a refill,it's a movie dialogue sample pack that I purchased as an instant download. (6 catorgories with 9 patches in Halion,Kontakt,EXS24,NNXT and SFZ formats for easy auditioning) This is what it says in the description. It also says that it is presented in a 16 bit Wav as a zip file. I have the folder in my documents, it shows up in reasons patch browser , when I click on it it opens up 7 folders with names of what I assume are the patch types, when I click on one of them all the folders disappear and there is nothing showing.

You need to be looking for the NNXT patches in that folder. Thats the format that will be recognised in Reason. You should be able to browse to the main sample pack folder and look in there for the NNXT patches.

You need to be looking for the NNXT patches in that folder. Thats the format that will be recognised in Reason. You should be able to browse to the main sample pack folder and look in there for the NNXT patches.

Yep. Load up the NNXT and then go to that folder. Something should come up

Hey I got it workin, just took me a minute to notice the folder marked sample patches but, I found it and they loaded quite nicely, only....the samples don't seem to be affected by the onboard controls of the NNXT.

you have to click the individual chops. at the bottom of the nnxt, expand the remote editor, and click the individual chops you want to edit. You can choose "select zone via midi" so when you play a note it'll automatically select it.

you have to click the individual chops. at the bottom of the nnxt, expand the remote editor, and click the individual chops you want to edit. You can choose "select zone via midi" so when you play a note it'll automatically select it.

I think I got man, Thanks a ton for all your help!!:)

Back